𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.

happy new year.
chapter thirty four -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE SOUND of voices that surrounded your figure. The Shrine was filled with lots of people to celebrate New Years.
Your hair neatly being done, the earrings Hanma had given to you jingled together with your movement, and wearing a Kimono of your choice. You had finished writing your ema together with your brother, but you both got lost along the way. So, in other words it was just you in a busy pathway.

The moon was shining brightly as you bathed in the moonlight- taking a deep breath to release the weight that has been forming in your throat.

"[name]-chan?" You could hear Mikey's voice from a distance. Blinking before turning your body at him- your eyes only to be met with Emma's as Mikey walks beside her, your vision took the glimpse of Draken following behind them.

You blinked, tilting your head to the side, "Woah, Emma-chan." You gasped, making your way towards Emma and ignoring Mikey. "You look pretty," You complimented her as she giggles from your words.

"Thank you, [name]," Emma acknowledged your statement and seeing you dressed up in a gorgeous Kimono made her compliment you back, "You look pretty as well." Giving your thanks, both of you giggled.

"What about me?!" Mikey swiftly inserts himself into the scene, pointing a finger. He felt violated after being ignored while you paid attention to his younger sister.

You turned your head to the side, eying Mikey from head to toe. Mikey looks cute with his fit, "You look good... I guess..."

"That's it?!" Mikey complains with your dry compliment. He was expecting it to be like when you complimented Emma.

The look on Mikey's face made you laugh- Emma and Draken joining in the laughter leaving Mikey pouting, his arms crossed.

You wiped out a tear that came from your laugh, "I'm just kidding." Those words made Mikey steady his stance, eyes shining like the stars that could be seen up above together with the moon. He leans his figure towards you, "Really?!"

Chuckling once again, you replied- "Yup! Handsome among everyone," Even if it's just a simple flattery, Mikey couldn't ignore the butterflies in his stomach.

Turning your head at Draken, you complimented him as well. You didn't want him to be left out, "You too, Draken! All of your fits are fitting for the New Year's Holiday."

"True, True," Emma added to your words- a widespread smile plastered onto her face.

"The Shrine is packed today," Draken commented. His eyes scanned throughout the Shrine, but it was normal for it to happen during New Years. Both you and Emma nodded together, agreeing with Draken statement.

"[name]-chan," Mikey chimes. "Do you wanna go together with us?" He wanted to celebrate a special day with someone he holds dear to.

"Hmm..." Your mind wonders off, "I came here together with my brother although I don't know where he went so it's better off for me to cling with you all."

A starry night- the moon and its child scattered among the darkest of sky. How the elders taught their children that the deceased has been watching over them during the night. Reminding their children that they aren't alone amidst hard choices and harsh reality from the selfishness humans had shown.