𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄.

night of a storm.
chapter twenty nine -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A SOUND of a notification your phone gave. Christmas eve is going to be here in a few more hours, you were in your room- studying as the usual. Lights on with messy books and papers laying ontop of the table. Just like any normal night you have, chilly and comfort. You were already used to it, it is not a big deal.

You stopped scribbling from your notebook, checking your phone. It was a message from Yuzuha. '[name], do have anything to do on Christmas Eve?'

Titling your head, you gave a response. 'Not really. Probably I'll stay in with my brothers.'

'I see.' Yuzuha sighs, placing down her phone to her thighs. The sound of the television echoes through the empty and dark living room. Bags of snacks and chips placed ontop of the table. The day of Christmas she will kill her brother to end the pain Taiju had place onto her and Hakkai. Yuzuha wants to thank you for everything, even though you both know each other in such a short amount of time. But why does it feels so hard to tell you about it?

Ding! 'Yuzu-chan, what are you going to do tomorrow?' You sent her a message after noticing Yuzuha had stopped sending you. Jumping on your bed and hugging one of your stuffed toys that was given by Katsuo.

'I'm gonna do something important for both me and Hakkai. Don't worry,' Guilty, Yuzuha feels guilty that she has to send this kind of message to you. Nonetheless she still has no choice.

A soft smile made its way up to your face, flipping your side, 'I hope it will be fun.' Clearly unaware of what the middle child of the Shiba family would do.

At morning Yuzuha kept on messing you- you didn't really bother asking her actions. The last time you both saw each other was when you sent out cupcakes. Yuzuha's face... it looks like she wanted to say something. Remembering her expression clutches your chest, you could've had time for her.

The past few days you learnt few kicks and punches by Mikey. It was exhausting each day but you didn't turn away but instead you had accepted it. Bottling up your feelings until it would overflow, no problem. Fighting back until your body explode, it's okay. You've been fighting with yourself for years.

"Oh?" You stopped, staring at the man infront of you. The two of you were standing infront refrigerator, where it displays cold drinks with one of your favorites- Strawberry Milk. It was like when you both met for the first time. "Sanzu-san? It's been awhile since we've met." You giggle, taking out a box of Strawberry Milk.

Sanzu had no reaction to you. He didn't expect to see you again at a time during Christmas Eve. He thought you both wouldn't meet again, but it seems like he was wrong. The deep admiration and loyalty he has for Mikey makes him cautious of you. After all you act so close with Mikey, nonetheless he still has hopes to see a change in you to make you a God in his own world. Waiting for the perfect chance to strike at the time when you're vulnerable- it will become a paradise for him.

"Erm, Sanzu-san is still the same quiet one," You nervously laughed. "Are you here to get some drinks?" Trying hard to make him talk with you.

Sanzu ignores your words, opening the refrigerator and taking out a drink, before walking out he turns his back to you. "Isn't it obvious?"