𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍.

city of the broken angel.
chapter twenty seven -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LIFE IS boring, clearly repetitive. Waking up, do the exact same thing as yesterday- eat, work, think, and sleep. Do it all again, an endless pathway to the door of death. Interesting days would eventually disappear in a split moment, the moment you blink- everything turns black.

Yesterday was exhausting, and nope you weren't still finished. Today was just a continuation- you still have two boxes left for Pah-chin and Hanma although you had already given Pah-chin his around two o'clock at the afternoon. Small chit chats here and there, telling him how the gang has been doing while he was away. The chat lasted for almost an hour nonetheless you still had fun. Talking to Pah-chin was nostalgic, he was funny doing and saying the simplest thing. Jokester of the group you could say. It definitely brings back gold memories to when you and the others would hang out in Musashi Shrine.

You texted Hanma- you asked Kisaki for his number, actually. And surprisingly Kisaki gave you Hanma's number but what you didn't know was Hanma was hanging out with Kisaki and saw your text. Prying at the tanned man beside him to text back you his number.

"Hello? This is Hanma right?" You asked, holding tight on the phone. Getting anxious wether Kisaki had given the wrong number. "It's me, [name]."

"Ahh," Hanma lets out a shaky breath. "What does the [name] want from me?" Hanma smirks, waiting for your answer. Your random call made him intrigued. "A date perhaps?"

Blinking, you didn't know how to answer. Hanma likes to flirt but you're not a fan of flirting, maybe that's why you find him annoying. You swallowed, "Not exactly a date but I want to give you something."

His low tone chuckle gave you shivers down your spine, "Sure but it will take some time." Hanma eyes at the man beside him- who scoffed and walked ahead of his figure. "I have a business with someone at the moment."

The streets wasn't that loud, tranquillity comes into place. A railing that keeps people from falling out infront of you. Sure there are people who passes by time to time but it feels like you had all of the seconds in your hand. Your head tilted up, eye gazing at the pitch black skies. The grip on the straps of your hand bag tightens. There were no stars today, it felt lonely. And it seems like no one will look after you this night.

Indeed Hanma was taking his time, it was starting to get late. Sundown had already happened some time ago and you still haven't gotten any news from the man you were supposed to meet at.

You sighed, taking out the phone out of your pocket not noticing that your handkerchief had fallen out- you proceeded to text Hanma, asking where he was. At this point it feels like you were being stood up, you wouldn't get your hopes high even. It sucks and yet you kept on waiting for him.

Fatigue, too fatigue for love. Not even bothering to find one but your heart says otherwise. You're always blinded by darkness to find someone who you will love unconditionally even so there was still hope, feasibly- one day. The day where you can pain everything back with colors is the day where you'll find that person.

A footstep comes beside you, although you were too immersed by the dark sky. Kakucho crouched down, taking a hold of your handkerchief, "You dropped this."

His voice made you turn your head. The person before you was familiar. "You drop this," Your handkerchief appears onto your sight, raising a brow- realizing that they were giving you your handkerchief.