𝐎𝐍𝐄.

sweets and pastries.
chapter one -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

YOU LET out a yawn.

Small drops of tears forming on the corner of your eyes. As expected, you were tired with all of the schoolworks you had to finish just before the due date and you still have to work in a near by bakery store during the weekend.

It was normal for you to do the same things all over again and you didn't had to complain anything about it. The fresh smell of dough and sweets filled the area of the bakery, it definitely made you hungry.

Tenth and eleventh customer of the day and they were both someone who you knew. After all one of them likes dorayaki and taiyaki's your bakery makes.

"[name]-chan, it's been awhile!" Manjiro Sano or another name he prefers to be called, 'Mikey', chimes in while skipping his steps towards you with Drakken following behind him.

You gave a sigh, drops of sweat falling out of the corner of your forehead. "We met each other yesterday and it's [last name] for you, Sano-san."

To be honest, Mikey and you both don't have the best relationship in terms of being 'friends'. He was too loud for your liking and it makes you annoyed just hearing his voice.

Mikey pouts at your reply to him. It was cute but as always you shake those kinds of thoughts away.

"Yo, [name]-san." Drakken greets out of no where placing two dorayaki's at the counter with one hundred yen as a payment.

Probably one for him and Mikey.

You nodded at him before taking both dorayaki's as well as the payment while placing them in a white plastic bag with the bakery's logo. Mikey, who was beside Drakken, kept a pout on his face while looking at you.

"Not fair!" Mikey complains, "How come kenchin can call you by your first name while I call you by your last name." His eyes staring intensely at yours.

'I'm tired of him.' It gave you an headache, honestly.

Sighing the fifteenth time of the day before looking at the boy infront of you once again, you shove the plastic bag at his chest, "Here. Your dorayaki's."

"Thanks, man." Drakken says and you gave him a 'welcome' before turning his back from you and walked outside the bakery.

You admitted it. You were being mean at Mikey for some time now. You immersed yourself with schoolwork and forgot to take a break and it stressed you out, maybe thats why you were lashing out at people. It's really pathetic to say.

Mikey did was about to walk away until you decided to speak up at him. "Mikey, you can get one taiyaki from the basket, just one. I'll pay for it." It's the only thing you can make up to him, after all he's a dorayaki lover and you wouldn't complain.

His eyes shined, taking a pack of the of his favorite. "Thanks a lot, [name]-chan." He cutely smiled at you and with that he left the shop.

It was quiet once again, a comfortable one.

The sound of cars passing by outside almost made you want to fall asleep right away, gathering the fact that you haven't been able to sleep properly. Due time this due time that man, fuck school! If you had the chance then maybe you can dropout and make your own small business.

But it's just a matter of time though.

You never thought about the future. What you wanna do or what life you want to have. You're just simply living in a sick and twisted world full of hypocrites and cruel people.

From what you've heard, gangs were all over your place. You exactly knew who was dominating all gangs in your area. It was clearly Toman, it's not like you're scared of them. You literally have connections with some of their members, although you wished you've never want to talk with them but they stick to you as if you're a magnet!

Eight years after moving in your neighborhood and it seems like you've already found peace... maybe shut that down because all you've been hearing is whines of a young teenage boy who is having a tantrum over a name basis.

It was starting to get dark and it's time for you to close the bakery. Someone would help you close up everything but they had to take the day off. Wiping the counter, fixing up the stacks, it wasn't really quite the hassle, you were already used to it.

Placing down the last stack, you let out a big exhale, wiping off the sweat from your forehead. "That's all for today."

"Ah," You groaned as you stretched your arm trying to relax those stiff shoulders you had gotten from work. "I'm so beat."

After a long day you can't wait to jump om your bed and just sleep throughout the whole night.

While going out of the shop, you were met by a lavender colored male. Mitsuya Takashi, who was leaning on his motorcycle with a soft smile on his face.

You kept a straight face, locking up the door and walking towards him.

You were already used to this. And by this you meant Mitsuya taking you home every night that to the point your co worker thought he was your boyfriend.

"How's your day?" Mitsuya asks, getting on his beloved bike. "It was okay." You replied back, getting behind him and wrapping your arms around his waist to keep balance. The smell of his cologne welcomes itself into your nose.

Mitsuya smells good today too.

The lavender head chuckles, "Nothing exciting happened?"

"Is meeting with a blonde man barging through the bakery an exciting event?" With the most tired tone you could ever say and a hint of sarcasm sticking to it. Mitsuya could already guess the person whom you were referring to.

It's not that Mitsuya could say the same thing, after all he knows - everyone in Toman knows - how deeply you care for Mikey.

For them.

"Right, right. It may not be the exciting part for you but hey! atleast you're still making money." He is technically right. You would not live without having to save the earned money you collected ever since you became a teenager.

"Make sure to get lots of rest once you get home, okay?" Mitsuya took a quick glance at the female behind him. Your eye bags were getting big, he was totally worried for your health. He knew your addiction of getting everything right.

You gripped on his shirt tightly giving a small nod as an answer, "Sure."

Mitsuya never failed to impress you. Three years of knowing each other he's totally a woman's lover. You thought, who ever gets to be with Mitsuya would become the happiest person. It's just a thought.

-
rewritten: june 10