Chapter 10

He has bought a faint bloom to my cheeks. I wanted to look into his eyes. But the rushing blood made my north heat up. I averted my gaze to the dancing flame of candles. Small and timid sways of those matched my beating heart.

"You look perfect in this dress." He was still holding my hands. "So does your tinted cheeks."

"I never thought you'd be someone utterly romantic." I was still looking away.

He let go of my hands. Only for his right hand to capture my chin and make me turn to him.

"You make me utterly insanely romantic, for you." His eyes captured mine.

My mind was going crazy. Dangerous thoughts flooded in as I stared back into his eyes.

"Aren't you hungry?" His fingers brushed my cheek. Light like feathers touching.

With so much clouding mind, I managed to only nod.

I sat down on my usual chair, after washing my hands, across his. He dishes out a few spoons on a plate and passes it to me. Helping himself with his, he sat down too.

"How was your work?" He started. "What was today?" Indicating my late night.

"Don't ask. Board of directors. I don't understand why these old hags think they know everything?" I started to vent out. "You know, our HR was insisting we stick to the plan we had earlier. But no. These people had to have some adventures with stocks, and hence keeping us all this late."

He laughs. "Your work sounds fun."

"Fun? You call this fun?" I was digging in my food all the while continuing.

"Of course." He works the rice a little with the fingertips, to break the grains enough to stick, placing rice and meat on a platform of his fingers he brings it to his mouth. He finishes the food in his mouth before replying, "In my office, old grumps are not this much fun. Yes, they irritate us. Even throws the 'experience' card very often. But they are so boring otherwise."

I placed my fingers full of food inside my mouth and made the mistake of replying in the meantime.

"Finish your food first." He laughs at my indistinct chatter. He looked like an elder laughing at a childish younger.

I understood it'd be better if I enjoyed this heavenly food first. The fear of not appearing lady like has left my mind long ago. I gathered the farther I was from Umair's touch, the better my inner self works. Now my mind was focused on the food before me, as it should be Erum.

___________________

"What are you doing?" Umair nearly snatched the plate from my hands.

"What do you think doing dishes look like?" I was a bit irritated.

"And you thought doing dishes would be appropriate in this dress and this atmosphere? "

I smirked and turned around to face him. He had a child like arrogance in his face, one when a child is throwing tantrums. "In what atmosphere?"

I smirked his way.

My besties, Estrogen and Progesterone, must've gone crazy, for me to act like this.

He closed the distance, backing me up on the edge of the counter. "Oh! We're playing naive now, aren't we?" His hands glides to my waist, grabbing onto me carefully yet firmly.

I laughed. "Naive? About what?" I was playing along.

"Did I ever tell you, you have the most infectious smile?"

I shake my head as I bite my lips inwardly to stop my laugh.

"Well I'm telling you now." His right hand leaves my waist and comes up to brush his thumb against my subdued lips. "And when you throw your head back in feats of laughter, your eyes water, your cheeks flushed, I get the most dangerous thoughts."

What came over me I don't know. May be it was the flutter in my gut.

Sudden urge of kissing this man right in front of me, washed my senses away. My brain left the chat and the thought of indulging myself in his scent rung throughout my self.

He was eyeing my every breath. As if he were to debunk what my heart coded within me.

He sure well was waiting for me to initiate. So I did.

I fisted his collar and pulled him towards me. I capture his lips with mine.

As moment of surprise passes, he jumps into action. His lips syncing with mine. He grabs onto my waist desperately this time as his right hand goes at the back of my head, tilting my head to get a perfect angle.

I pull away to catch breath. Panting I say, "Thanks for tonight. I really-"

His lips crushes onto mine again. Shocked I part my lips and he takes the advantage of entering his tongue. I oblige. My hands let go of his collar and snake around his neck to fist into his unkempt hair. Surprised, he groans in my mouth.

Time stopped around us as we got lost into ourselves. Melting into each other as the full moon outside melted into the ink of night.

We gently pull away as our lungs were screaming for air. He rests his forehead against mine.

"That- was amazing." He breaths.

I close my eyes. Sinking in his piquant scent. Saving it in my mind forever.

"You are amazing." I breath. Opening my eyes to stare into his.

"You get the most delicate yet flavoursome self out of me. As if I'm discovering myself all over again." He cups my face in his hands and places his lips on my forehead.

The most astounding feeling of warmth and fondness wash over me. A sudden thought floods in. All these times, I was in love with the thought of falling in love rather than actually loving someone. And he made my that love for falling in love rush back.

I wanted to fall in love with this man.

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story so far.