Preparing for the Dance!

Start from the beginning

"Mhmm. They were on some mission in Kalos while we were on our own journeys. We had lots of fun playing with our Pokemon and baking together," Zenith recalled. "I think Lilith was the one with the Floette. I suppose it's evolved into a Florges by now, though."

"Sucks we can't exactly visit them. Maybe Icy and Bolt have been able to keep up, at least?" Shadow theorized.

Zenith nodded. "I hope so, even if they're all busy. Maybe we can invite them to come see us whenever they have free time."

Crystal pulled out her phone. "Leave it to me, guys! I just had the perfect idea!"

"If you say so, Yuki..."

~

That evening, our heroes were at another Pokemon Center in the forest, preparing to stay the night before setting off the next morning. Serena, Clemont, Ash, and Red went over to Nurse Joy to get their teams healed and were waiting by her desk. Shadow had left on her Salamence for Lumiose, promising to stay safe and get back soon. Bonnie was playing on one of the benches with her Pokemon, and the remaining sisters joined in.

Nurse Joy returned with their Pokeballs and gave them out, so everyone came back to sit down. Ash asked Clemont what he wanted to do next, while Serena began brushing her Pokemon. Eevee was in the middle of grooming when Pancham came over to ask when it'd be his turn, but then began arguing with Braixen over who would go next.

"Pan cham cham!"

"Bbbbrrrraix bray bray bray!"

Serena screamed. "ONE AT A TIME! WAIT YOUR TURN! YOU WON'T GET BRUSHED IF YOU ACT UP!"

Both Braixen and Pancham looked horrified at the outburst.

"Serena, that's no way to treat your Pokemon! You've gone and scared them half to death, not to mention spooked everyone else in the Center!" Crystal protested.

"Screaming at them isn't going to solve something, even if you're frustrated," Pine added.

Serena turned her nose up at them and kept brushing her Eevee, who looked in pain from how rough the honey blonde was being with the brush.

"Easy on the tail, Eevees are sensitive there. You should go top to bottom, nice and smooth." Zenith demonstrated, brushing Star's silver fur. "Like this."

"Hmph!" Serena put the brush down. "Eevee, get off. Braixen, your turn, now."

While they kept grumbling, Crystal walked over to turn on the PC. "I think the invitations are supposed to have arrived by now! Let's see!" She opened up her digital mailbox decorated with an Eeveelution background, and sure enough, she had one unread message. She tapped on it and a video began to play. "Guys, listen in!"

Everyone turned their attention towards her as the recording of Monsieur Pierre began to speak through it. "Dear performers... Bonjour! To the talented trainers who are rehearsing for their performances, one and all I'm Pierre, your host, and I am thrilled to invite you to my dance party!"

"This is it! The invitation for the ball! Yay!"

"My party won't be the same without you."

"A dance party!? Just like you said, AWESOME! Sounds like fun!" Bonnie exclaimed.

"I wanted to give competing performers a break and do it in an elegant way. So come and enjoy, si'l vous plaît! However, in order to attend, I require one thing." His Klefki flew by on the screen. "All performers and their Pokemon partners are hereby requested to attend this dance party with a date!"