Act 1 : 21 - Execution

———

This final chapter will be confusing! Because it will have dialogue and context from the big plot gap I mentioned previously! So I'm sorry!

Leon POV

———

A day has passed, it was hours before my execution.

"Leon." I hear Erwin say as he walks down the cellar stairs.

"Erwin." I sigh.

He arrives and stops in front of my cell, he was accompanied by Levi, "Trust me. It will work."

     "Don't even bother." I rub my temple and sigh in contempt. His eyes widen slightly.

     "What do you mean don't bother? You just want to throw your life away?" Levi crosses his arms. I scoff.

     "Law is law Levi, and will always be law. Don't try and work around it to save my ass." I turn away from them. Quoting him from yesterday.

     "Tch, people need you. Ida needs you." Levi hisses.

     "My parents needed me, look what happened. And everything's about her isn't it?" I glare at Levi.

     Levi suddenly grips the bars of the cell, tightly. His knuckles are almost white, "What did you just say?" Levi questions.

     I don't reply, instead just glare at the Captain, "Erwin, open his cell. I'm going to teach him some discipline." Levi states sternly.

     "No." Erwin replies. He didn't even have the key. It was the Military Police outside the cellar that had it.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, "I shouldn't have said that." I sit down and rest my head against my hand.

"We have a plan." Erwin states, expecting an answer.

     "I lived a shit life. It's painful to carry on any longer. So let me be, I don't want to be apart of your scheme to overthrow the execution." I sigh, it is really sad that I've already come to terms with my death.

     "No, you can't get a easy pass. We all live this shit life together. And we stick together so we can make a better life for those in the future. And when we're out there, don't think about getting eaten by a Titan, if you do I'll come to hell and drag you out myself." Levi says in his monotone voice.

     I can't lie, his words hit me. But just what purpose do I really have? None that I can think of. Every moment since my parents death, I've been suffering. Whether it's being a orphan and homeless, whether it's dragging my friends down, or hiding from them for over a year. To have the one person I can't admit I like, suffering because of me. Pain has followed me everywhere, and going through ten years of it, it's too much.

     "Do you see it Leon?" Erwin asks.

     "See what?" I sigh.

     "Your qualities as a soldier are what makes you one of the best. Not only that, you can convince most people to fight, give them purpose with your words, you inspire others. It's a bit ironic that you can't give yourself purpose with them. It's like the ones suffering the most, offer the best advice." Erwin says.