Act 1 : 10 - Another Nightmare

---

Leon POV

---

Two days have past, however they weren't the most of busy. I recovered, not like there was a lot to recover from in the first place, just a small bump. But apart from that not much happened. Apart from Sasha and Connie being Sasha and Connie and getting ten laps around the camp everyday for the rest of the week.

Annie and Mikasa never fought, will they fight soon I have no idea.

Today however, most of us are excited for, especially me. Today we use ODM Gear, at least to a extent. We're training our balance to make sure we can hang for at least thirty seconds. The Commander has us lined up next to the machines they use.

"Alright Titan fodder! This is the day you've all been waiting for! Today is your day you begin your ODM Gear training!" Keith Sadies yells to the Cadets.

"Yes Sir!" We salute.

"Good! For the next three days you will be working on your balance with ODM to see whether you are fit to be a soldier. If you fail, you go to the fields!" Keith intimidates.

"Yes Sir!" We yell in unison.

"Good! Would someone like to volunteer so I can demonstrate how to operate this machine?!" Keith raises a brow as he exchanges glances with the Cadets. It's obvious that none want to volunteer however, so he's just gonna pick one out.

It's just gonna be me......

"Leon Havertz! You're the lucky Cadet to show off their terrible balancing skills!" He yells.

Why did I say that......

I sigh before walking towards the front to Sadies.

Okay...... I'm good at ODM, Petra taught me herself. And she was fifth in the division. I'm good, I can do this...

I reach the front Keith Sadies guides me to the machine. He attaches a few wires to my belt and walks beside the machine to a handle.

Nerves grow, if I fail. I'm gonna be the made fun of for the rest of training. However if I do well, people would be amazed by how good I am. I guess it's a good ego booster

"Leon, you are to keep your balance for thirty seconds! Failure means your peers can make a laughing stock out of you and everyone's food privileges will be lost for the rest of the day!" He yells.

My eyes widen, so does everyone else's. A few people eye me with big hopes. While others groan and complain that they've lost their privileges, talk about faith?

"Yes Sir!" I yell. He begins to raise me up in the air, my feet leave the ground and leave me idle.

I close my eyes and concentrate all of my power on my posture. Remember, hang still, almost levitate. Release all of your tension, and simply hang there. Petra's words from many months ago repeat in my head.

Shifting my weight equally, I relax. And begin to hang, completely still.

I don't even have to open my eyes to imagine the stares of amazement and awe I'm currently receiving. My lips tug upwards a little bit to form a small smile.