"It was a weak moment for me but I regained my senses in time and even bandaged myself."
I replied in small tone and Zohaib nodded at me.

"Never try to hurt yourself again Dua. It's a sin. And you know they're many people in this world who loves you including me your brother okay. I'm always with you. You trust me or not that's upto you. But I consider you my sister and it's upto me. If I ever see a scratch on you I'll be very angry."
Zohaib replied softly and it was the end of my breaking point and I started sobbing aloud. Zohaib gave me a tissue paper cleaning my tears and I gave him a greatful smile. He was always true to his words never leaving my side.

"I'm not judging you alright? But you should've told us something but it's past now. But future is in your hands ok?"
He asked and I nodded at him teary eyed.

"Don't worry about the girls. They'll come around when they calm down because you know they love you to death but you've hurted us all a lot. But you don't worry about that for now I'll talk to them. I need to go now as they're waiting for me outside. Don't do anything stupid. Take care."
Zohaib patted my head like a brother he really was to me and left after telling me to close the door.

After everyone left I sat on the couch thinking about everything that just happened. The words that Laiba and Aina spoke were still ringing in my ears and I sighed heavily. It was bound to happen one day or another and to some extent it was a good thing that my friends came to know about it because I was sure as hell that I would never have mustered that much courage to tell them about it.

But still I hurt my friends unintentionally and I already knew it was right on their side to be angry with me but I wasn't sure exactly for how much time they're gonna stay angry. I just hope that it won't be too long.

Hashir's P.O.V

"Asfi I need your help."
I barked at the phone impatiently after he attended my call on the second ring.

"Hello to you too"
Came his sarcastic reply and I huffed in annoyance as I was sure I was going to get scolded from him and it did happen in the next moment.

"Man! Thank God you're alive otherwise I thought I would have to waste some precious time of my life to visit your house to pay my condolences on your sudden disappearance."
He continued while I rolled my eyes at his drama.

"Now you're complaining like a wife."
I replied amused and in my mind imagine him glaring at me.

"You didn't even call me for about fifteen days and now you have audacity to taunt me. That's it. I'm breaking up with you."
Asfi replied somewhat annoyed and I chuckled at his words.

"I'm sorry dude. I was busy. But I really need your help."
I replied getting serious.

"Is everything alright?"
He asked as he must have sensed my change of mood.

"I guess it is"
I replied vaguely and heard him sigh deeply.

"Is it about your wife?"
He asked worried and I hmmed in reply.

"Something like it. I just want you to give me the contact number of your cousin Salaar and if possible his adress where's he staying now. Last time when we met you mentioned he's in my city?"
I said calmly and waited for his reply.

"Salaar? The one whose private investigator?"
He asked and I chuckled at his reply.

"Of course you only have one cousin whose name is Salaar."
I replied and took the glass of water from the table to drink.

"I'm sending you his adress and contact number in mail. But do tell me what you need him for?"
He asked confused and I sighed at his question as I was expecting it already.

"Something you told me to do years before. I'll tell you everything when we meet again in person. Say hello to Sara for me. Goodbye."
I said and cut the call and at the same time I received the message containing Salaar's adress and number.

Finally I thought it was about time that I meet him and get to know clearly what exactly happened in the past.

Dua's P.O.V

I was sitting in my office staring at the pictures of my friends and our get togethers.

It had been a week since Aina and Laiba were ignoring me like plague. They even turned their way whenever I tried to get closer to them or talk to them. Zohaib was quiet. He neither ignored me nor talk to me. And Umar well he was missing. He applied for medical leave from the hospital for fifteen days altough I know he wasn't sick. He just didn't want to face me. And I had absolutely no idea where he was.

It felt like we friends have drifted apart and it was all because of me. And I wasn't sure if our friendship will remain intact or will it also disappear like all the relationships around me.

I sighed deeply and tried to relax my mind. Surely I'll get nothing by being stressed.

And to think about Hashir we were same as before. I thought after all the drama that happened at my apartment something will change between us but it never happened. It was like we were again at zero ignoring each other and talking on formalities and I was sure if this continued I'll surely go mad or maybe kill myself because of loneliness.

My mobile phone rang breaking my chain of wild thoughts and I looked at the caller ID.
It was my father. That was quite a shock to me because he never called me. Never ever. He didn't even care about me. I know all his talks about loving me have been lies and I'm used to them now.

I attended the call and talk to him. To my surprise he didn't said anything peculiar or the reason why he was calling me. It was all a casual talk like what I was doing or how I was living. It was the first time in months that I talk to him after coming here for my training.

I ended the call somewhat confused because my father really behaved like a father for the first time in my life concerning about his daughter or having a talk with her. But I know him better than it. He never does anything without a reason. There must be something he wants me to do for him.

Before I could ponder over his weird behaviour and reach to a conclusion the door of my office banged open and I got up from the seat startled.

Hashir came inside like a raging bull like he wants to murder someone and looked at me with pure anger and disgust and I shuddered at his cold look.

"Is everything alright Hashir?"
I asked meekly scared of his beastly look while he snarled at me.

Instead of replying he grabbed my arm harsly and pinned me to the nearby wall. It all happened so suddenly that I didn't even had the time to resist.
His grip went stronger over my both wrists which were in his grasp and it felt like he'll really break my hand if didn't stopped.

"Why? Why did you do this to me? What on earth did I do wrong to deserve this?"
He spat the words at me venemously while I was confused out of my mind.

"What on earth are you talking about? And leave my hand you're hurting me"
I said struggling to get my hand out of his tight grip but couldn't succeed.

"Still trying to play dumb? I really despise you Dua. How can such an innocent face be that manipulative and cruel?"
He released my hand and get away from me so quickly like my touch burned him while I looked at him confused still trying to process what was happening.

"I'm talking about this...."
He threw the file on the table which he was keeping in his hand for the whole time and I picked it from the table and opened it but it felt like the ground was snatched under my feet and I whispered.

"Divorce papers!"

.................................

Hey Lovelies!

So here's another update for you. It's kinda sad and emotional chapter. But we're almost halfway in the story so I promise you you'll see a lot of lovely and romantic chapters to compensate for it. Do tell me if you like this chapter or not and Don't forget to vote, share and comment. Till next time!

Peace and love!
Mishi