Chapter 231 - The Engagement (3)

Sophie appeared before him in a white off-shoulder evening gown. The dress didn't have any detailing decorations. Only plain white with a black belt with a ribbon on the waist.

She had light makeup on her face and styled her hair in a neat ponytail. She didn't have any sparkle on her attire but the stud earrings she wore.

Even though she didn't dress up like the high  profile women at the party but it was enough to make tingling sensation in Kai's heart.

"Hey! Hey!" Kai patted aimlessly on Su's shoulder while still looking at Sophie.

"What?" Su asked.

"Isn't that Sophie?" He asked while still looking at her.

Su followed his gaze and look at her.

"Yes. It's her."

Kai looked at Su in disbelief and asked innocently, "Isn't she a bodyguard? Then why is he dressed like that?"

"Well, Mai Yue Rui told me that she is the daughter of one of her father's former employee. So he kind of dotes on her. That's why he allowed her to enjoy the party as guest."

After finishing her sentence she removed his hands from her shoulder and added, " Now will you excuse me. I have something to do." Saying so, Su left Kai alone.

Kai tried to see where Su was going. When he saw her approaching  Si Ying he gave out a smile.

Then he looked at himself and remarked, "My poor little lonely heart." He couldn't help but sigh.

He looked back at Sophie and a brimming smile flashed on his face.

He didn't think twice and dashed towards her.

"Hi!" As soon as Kai reached Sophie he greeted her with a bright smile.

"Good evening, Mr Sheng." When she recognized him, Sophie immediately greeted him formally.

"You don't have to address me like that. Call me by my name." Kai said.

"You are Mr Minghui's respected guest. So of course, I have to address you with respect." She replied with a straight face.

Kai pursued his lips and continued, " I see, you came here as his guest as well. So I am sure you can drop the formalities."

Sophie didn't say anything in reply. Because he wasn't wrong. She indeed came here as guest today.

Seeing her silent face Kai continued, "Unfortunately, all my friends left me alone to be with their loved ones. Since you are alone too why not we become acquaintances for the night."

Sophie became flustered. Actually she became off guard. She has never encountered someone like him. The only man she was with all her life was Cheng Yi. So she didn't know how she should react to Kai.

While she was contemplating to figure out her answer her phone started to vibrate.

She looked at the screen. It was Cheng Yi.

Seeing him calling her at this moment she knew why he had called her. So instead of being happy her skin turned pale.

On the other hand, when Kai saw her confused expression he started to think if he had said anything wrong. So when the call came he instantly gave a comforting smile and told her to attend the call.

Sophie nodded to him and walked past him to attend the call.  

"Why did you take so much time to receive my call?" Cheng Yi's annoying voice floated from the other side.