Chapter 229 - The Engagement(1)

"After going through a numbers of scandals, the CEO of SkyHigh development, Kong Xian Wang is now getting engaged. And he is not getting engaged with just any ordinary woman. He is getting married with the second daughter of Mr Mai Minghui, owner of Jiankang Pharmaceuticals, Ms Mai Yue Rui."

This was the talk of the town on the day Mai Yue Rui and Kong Xian Wang got engaged.

---------

In the room, Mai Yue Rui was preparing to get ready for her engagement.

She had just taken a shower and was drying her hair now.

All her female friends are present to help her get ready. At least it was the excuse they used to enter the bride-to-be room. 

In reality, both Su and Ning Tan were lying on her soft, cozy bed and watching the television while our poor little bride-to-be had to get ready herself.

"Look at the crowd, Mai Yue Rui! So many people are here to attend the function when it's not even the wedding." Su was excited to see the news on the television.

"Isn't it a given? When one  of most eligible bachelor of the town and the most mysterious daughter of a famous pharmaceuticals company is getting married together, then of course it will drag a lot of attention." Ning Tan said as she threw a piece of chips into her mouth.

Mai Yue Rui sighed at them while trying to disentangle her tangled hair as she saw them enjoying the cosiness of a luxury hotel.

"Didn't you say that you came here to help me get ready?" She asked her friends.

"Yeah we are. We are informing you about the crowd outside." Su said.

"You should know the names of the guest, so we are helping you with that." Ning Tan added.

Mai Yue Rui sighed again.

"If you are not gonna help me, then at least get my dress from Xingtian." Mai Yue Rui asked pitifully.

As soon as she finished they heard the bell ring.

"It must be our room service. Can you please get that, Mai Yue Rui?"Ning Tan asked with excitement.

"Seriously, Ning Tan!" Mai Yue Rui was amazed to see how her friends were acting.

She went close the door while glaring at them.

"Get your stuff and get lost from my room." She said as she opened the room and pointed outside to get them out of the room.

"Umm...Sister Yue Rui, do you not like the dress?" Kong Xingtian's sheepish voice was heard from outside.

Mai Yue Rui was shocked as she looked outside hurriedly and saw her sister-in-law. Even her two friends who were lying like a dead person a while ago got off from the bed in a hurry.

"Xingtian it's you! I am sorry. I wasn't telling you that." Mai Yue Rui hurriedly corrected herself.

"I was kidding, Sister Yue Rui. I have to admit, it's really easy to make you panic, sister Yue Rui." Kong Xingtian said with a smile and enter the room.

"I see your friends are here as well." Kong Xingtian said. But as soon as her eyes fell on Su Dan, the smile on her face vanished.

"Good Evening, Director Kong." Su Dan nodded to her politely.

Xingtian forced a smile and nodded back at her.

"You must be Kong Xingtian, Mai Yue Rui's bubbly sister-in-law." Ning Tan said.

"Is this how Sister Yue Rui described me as?" Kong Xingtian asked with curiosity.

"Yeah!"

"What else did she say?" Xingtian asked.