☕Chapter 1☕

Prologue 

December 28th XXXX

          I couldn't help but notice something my parents never see in me.  When it was dinner time, I always had a smile on my face as I drew something on the table while eating. My parents never really mind one thing. The one thing that they wanted to see out of me was a smile on my face. I always smile as I drew.  

      A knock came on the door. I looked up. Both my parents gave each other a look. Confused as my father went to go check who it is at 8:00 p.m. I continued to draw more as I did I hear an argument broke out. My mother went over to me and said. "Hide," she said. I was hesitant to move but did what I was told. 

     I sneak past the stairs where the argument took place. I went west and headed down the basement and hid in the Cauldron that my mother would cook delicious meals during winter and thanksgiving. I grabbed some boxes and blankets and covered myself with them stood still and waited.

    Silence rang my ears then...."BANG, BANG, B-BANG" I gasped as I heard them then screams came. A female scream ranged out the house then another gunshot. I hear the bullets fall and, as I peek up to see what had happened in there. I got out of my hiding area and make sure I didn't drop anything on the ground or I'm done for. Then as I try to stand up from my hiding area a single droplet. A blood droplet fell and landed on my nose. I panicked and held my breath and stood up. 

    As I looked around my surroundings. I see nobody here. I walked to the kitchen. Nothing. I looked around the living room. Where's momma and papa? As I kept searching for them. I see a bloodstain on the floor. I turned to see more closely. I turned my head in the direction of the blood was at. I turned pale and froze into place. 

      There stood my parents dead on the floor lifeless. The door was open as the snow came in filling the room with cold air. I fell onto my knees and stayed there as I did  I crawled to my mother. I tapped her head. No moving. "Momma? Momma are you ok?"  I look at my father's side no signs of moving as well. "Papa? Papa are you ok?" 

    I waited...no answer I stayed still. I cried onto my mother's and my father's heads as I held their hands close to me. I cried till I saw and the loud cries of their sirens as they headed towards my home.

*:・゚✧🌺☕⭐*★,°*:.☆🌺☕⭐*★,°*:.☆

⭐End of Prologue⭐

30 years later🌺 

       I looked around the shop as I was picking good art supplies for my artwork. As I did I hear an argument from the side of the store. I groaned and tried to ignore it as I was looking around. The Clerk heard the argument and broke the fight then motion them to go do that outside instead of inside the store. 

I checked out and headed home. I was always a smiling man who can't seem to be mad at anything. I saw the Old mary Ladies and handed them some coins and smiled at them as I walked by. I have loved this town more than anything in this world. This town has always been so peaceful. Fewer crimes here in this old city Inkville. I didn't understand why it was called that, but I know for certain that people found ink and oil here and grew wealthy from this. I kept walking till I hear my name. 

    "Henry! Wait up, Old friend!" I looked up. "Hm?" I saw silently and as I turned on my left side to see Joey running towards me as always, he gets into so much trouble, but I still care for him as my brother. I laughed as he finally caught up to me.