14

- key
📍memphis, tennessee

for the past month, me and kai been spending a lot more time together than usual

right now we was at the mall so she can find an outfit for her birthday.

"what you think about this?" she said, holding up a two piece set.

"where the rest of it at."

"mmcht nigga this is all of it." she said.

"no ma'am miss hoochie." i said, looking at it again.

"you a hater." she spat back.

she walked around the store for a while longer until she finally picked out an outfit. she went over to the register, paid, then we left the store.

as soon as i stepped out of the store i felt somebody staring a hole in the back of my head. i tried to ignore it until a familiar voice screamed my name.

"MARKEYVIUS!" i turned around, seeing a brownskin, 5'8 girl with straight, dark-brown hair.

"aw shit."

"wasgood shanti."

"na you let me know what's good." she said, adding air quotes.

"i been tryna contact you key, but you've been ignoring my texts, calls, all that."

"well clearly a nigga been busy." i said.

"busy doing wha- oh." she stops, looking at kaiya who was standing beside me, on her phone.

"so you quit rapping and starting babysitting or something?" she asked tryna be funny, which made kaiya shift all of her attention onto ashanti.

"ho-"

"uh uh. i'm not finna let you argue with this grown ass bitch." i said to her, cutting her off.

"now i'm a bitch key? i wasn't a bitch when i was letting you fuck on me for months." she said.

"my point exactly. you let me get my dick wet when i wanted to and you know that's what it was wit us."

she stood there with a face of embarrassment. then she turned to look at kaiya; "dont think you special cause you got this nigga out in public wit you."

"she ain't got shit to do with this. now go find you something safe to do a go back to yo grandma basement nie." i said.

taking kaiya by her hand, i turned her around and we walked out the mall.

"lemme drive." i said.

"hell na. this a 2018 honda accord not a lambo. you not finna be a speed racer in this shit." she said.

"mane i'm not gon speed. i pinky promise." she looked at me, sucked her teeth and threw me the keys.

•••

"let's watch that ike and tina movie key: 'what's love got to do with it'."

"i'm not finna watch that shit bro. might as well watch 'diary of a mad black woman' or something.

"mmcht nigga you in my crib. don't forget." she said as she turned that shit on.

•••

"you see how he smacked the shit outta her? you next." i said looking over at her.

"you love playin with ya life dont you?" she asked me.

"what you want to eat?" she asked me.

"shii chinese food?" i suggested. she nodded her head.

"call it in."

"it should be here in 15." i told her.

"aight. i'll be back, i'm gonna change clothes." she told me as she got off the couch.

a few minutes after my phone starting ringing. "yoo nigga where you at?" fat asked me.

"i'm chillin at kaiya crib."

"oou lemme speak to my stink stink." he said.

i heard her walking down the hallway, so i pointed the camera in her direction.

"hey stin- PAUSE. why you wearing that and you got a nigga in the crib?" fat said.

"it's MY crib nigga. and ain't nothing wrong with wearing skims." she said, spinning around, with her hands on her hips. "kim k did her thing."

"yea well you and kim can get y'all wigs pushed back. but ima hit you later bro." fat said.

"aight"

•••

"key answer the door!" kai shouted.

"nigga i'm right here and you doing all that yelling." i said as i got up and walked to the door. she had her hands in a sink full of soapy water, washing the dishes.

"twenty-one fifty." said the chinese man who delivered the food. i handed him thirty dollars and told him to keep the change.

i walked back into the kitchen, putting the food on the counter beside the stove. when i walked past kaiya, i put my print on her butt.

"the hell was that??!" she said as she hit me in my neck.

now i had suds running down my shirt.

"you know what that was." i said smiling.

"you play too much mane." i said, wiping the suds off my neck with a paper towel.

"yea well i bet you won't do it again."

"oh okay." i said, laughing.

- - -
i didn't even know how to end this chapter👩🏽‍🦯