2

- kaiya
📍brooklyn, new york

"bitchhh when you coming back to memphis?" my friend jianna asked me while we was on facetime

"i'm bouta leave my daddy house right now." i said laughing at her.

i was back home in new york for the week visiting my father. he didn't move down to memphis with me, my mom, and my brother because of his job; he owned his own business.

"well call me when you touchdown." she said before hanging up.

i moved to memphis my sophomore year in high school. my mother was tired of stayin in new york, especially the part we stayed in. she didn't want me and my brother to grow up and pick up on the stuff going on around us.

•••

📍memphis, tennessee

i kissed and hugged my dad bye before i got on my
flight to memphis.

when i exited the airport, i seen my mom waiting for me by her car. i gave her a hug and kissed her on the cheek and we started talking while putting my bags in the trunk of the car

"hey my love. how was your week in new york?" she asked.

"it was fun. you know dad always tries to make these visits fun because he doesn't stay with us now." i responded.

"how is he?" she asked me.

"he's doing okay. he's very focused on his business. he told me to tell you and bryson that he misses ya and he loves ya." i told her.

i looked over at her and seen her smile. i could tell she missed being around him everyday.

we finally made back to my moms house. i went in the house and went upstairs to my room to unpack.

i took a long, hot shower and put on a wifebeater and some sweats. then i went to my brothers old room to see if he was here. it's sunday so he should be, which he was on his game.

"yurrr." i said semi yelling.

"oh shit you back. how was brooklyn?" he asked me.

"same shit. what you doin?" i responded and asked him while i laid on his bed.

"shii i'm chill on the game wit key and fat." he responded. "heard you" i said.

"who that?" i heard fat ask bryson.

"kaiya." he answered.