Regret and Meeting

NEW YORK

HARDY RESIDENCE

Felicity's room was dark, only lit by her bedside lamp. She was standing in front of the mirror and glaring at her reflection full of hate. Her mascara was ruined with tears. She was standing only in her sports bra and training shorts.

She was ashamed and angry at herself. Her life has been flipped upside down.
A month ago she was being a superhero, helping others and spending quality time with her mother. She was happy, she had her mother back in her, even if she had left them before. When she first met her mother, after her return from 'dead'. She was sceptical and angry at her. She never wanted to meet the woman who faked her death and left her and her father alone, but her mother was persistent. And finally, she accepted her mother back after 4 months of struggle her mother won, she accepted her.

They both have the same attitude and looks. They got along very well, she always wanted a mother figure who was like her as a kid. They went shopping, to restaurants and many other places together, which rarely happened with her dad. He was always a busy man, his job was not that impressive so he can afford her needs. He was absent from her life most of the time always busy with something or the other, now she knew what other business he did. She forgot to see that even if he didn't have money before, but he loved her greatly.

As a kid growing up she was a lonely kid. Her mother 'died' when she was 6, with her father. He raised her all his life but he was absent when she came of age 13. He was always in his photography job. When the streets of New York were attacked by some villains, she always thought her dad should be there with her holding her hand and keeping her safe while walking, but he never was there.  At one time she came in the crossfire between electro and Spider-man, she was saved by Spider-man. He took her to the hospital and was dotting on her like a real father. He asked her multiple times if she was ok, from that day Spider-man always stayed in touch with her. He took time off his busy patrol to have a chat and chilly hotdogs with her, which her dad never did.

She started to manifest her powers when she got 10, first she disclosed her powers to Spider-man, not to her father. Spider-man told her to reveal her powers to her father but she never did. She pestered spidey to teach her, she felt close to him more because they both had the same powers. Finally, after some time he relented and agreed to teach her.

She considered him more of a father rather than her real father, who in her thought was a loser and average uninteresting guy who was still single due to his lack of interesting personality.

She still remembers the night after her mother's funeral.

FLASHBACK

She can hear the light sound of sobbing coming from her father's room. The door was slightly open. She pushed it open to find the room was dark, the only light source in the room was the light coming through the window. She found multiple alcohol bottles littered on the floor. She heard the sobbing again, she followed the voice and found her father laying on the bed and crying with another bottle of alcohol in his hand.

He felt her presence and faced her. His eyes were bloodshot from crying for a long time. He wiped his tears away.

"Hey kitten, what are you doing here? " asked Peter while he tried to cover his trembling voice.

" Papa, are you crying? " asked Felicity worried for her father. She never saw him cry when her mom was alive, he always smiled.

" are you missing mama? " asked felicity to her father. " Don't worry she's with god in heaven. She will be watching us, please don't cry "

" yes you are right kitten," said Peter with a broken smile.

She climbed on the bed and hugged him. He returned her hug, but he started to sob again.