Memories

UNKNOWN PLACE

' Dad, you lied to me this whole time, you never told me you were Spider-man. '

' Felicity I only wanted you to be safe.
I -- '

' NO! you just hid the truth, you were my idol but no more '

' Felicity listen -- '

' I hate you! '

' FELICITY... '

Peter woke up with a gasp, he was sweating heavily from that nightmare. He then looked around but he was not able to recognize where he was, the area was very bright and he was sitting on a golden plane.

" Finally you are awake, my son," said an unknown voice.

He turned around and noticed a kind, old man wearing glasses and with a moustache, who was smiling at him kindly.

* Respect 🙏 to the legend*

His smile made Peter feel safe.

" Sorry to be  rude sir, but who are you?" Asked Peter with curiosity. The man smiled and replied.

" I'm One Above All, but you can call me Stan, young man "

" One Above All isn't that name shows too much of a God complex and, Stan,
I've heard that name before but I can't remember it" said Peter while thinking where he has heard that name before.

" It's because more than a god, I'm THE GOD. I've created this whole universe and the multiverse or you can call me the father of the universe and yes, we've met before " replied Stan with his kind and affectionate smile.

Peter gulped audibly.

' Way to go, Parker, you just insulted the father of the universe. I hope he's not gonna squash me like a bug. ' thought Peter, he's quite afraid now.

' Good job, pat on the back' then thought Peter sarcastically.

" Hahaha......Don't worry, I don't mind. Everybody thinks that when they meet me for the first time. If I've greeted you in my real form you would have had a stroke" laughed Stan.

To avoid his further embarrassment, Peter tried to divert the topic.

" You said we have met before, but I can't recall meeting you," said Peter.

Here Stan's face turned into a look of fury.

" It's because of that damned fool, Mephistopheles. The major source of the problem and grief in your life is him. He tried to ruin your entire existence. " said Stan bitterly.

" But why would he do it? " asked Peter, he was confused why would Mephisto try to ruin his life,  it made no sense to him.

" You know about the concept of the multiverse and the web of life, right? "
Asked Stan.