Confessions ( Fantastic Four)

TWO WEEKS AFTER SPIDER-MAN'S DEATH

BAXTER BUILDING

The Baxter building, home to the fantastic family was silent more than usual, with the air of depressing sadness.

The floor where the family lives are only occupied by the four members of the family, as Johnny and Ben were not present.

Johnny was being as himself, going to parties and clubs to drink and party. He was sad that his best friend, who was like his brother to him was dead. He felt guilty for not believing in Spider-man. Spider-man was there when he was absent, to take look after his family. His friend was the one who saved Franklin from his depression.

In truth he never disliked him, he was just jealous of spidey because most females, either be heroes or civilians gravitate towards him. Johnny felt left out. Even his sister liked or loved, he was not sure, Peter and he was not okay with that. It gave an unsettling feeling deep inside his heart, maybe his protective brother mode doesn't like his best friend and his sister being together. He tried every trick he could, to keep them both away from each other. Now he thought about it, after seeing his sister's condition, he might not be as successful as he wanted to be. He was sure his sister still loved him.

As for Ben, he was out with his girlfriend on a date to take off his mind from Spider-man's death. He may not be as close to him as others were, but he considered him a friend nevertheless. It was a shock to him when he heard his friend's demise, from that day everything within the family went downhill.

The other occupants who were in the building were Reed, Franklin, Valeria and Susan.

Reed as usual was busy in his lab, tempering with his experiments. He and Susan had a great fight after the funeral. And he was angry that his wife valued Spider-man more than him, the greatest intellectual man on the planet.

But Franklin and Valeria were having a serious talk with each other.

"I'm worried about mom, I've never seen her drinking that much in my life. Even if she fights with Reed, she never drinks that much" said Valeria worriedly to her brother.

" I'm worried about her too, Val, but what can we possibly do. She just became a walking ghost. She's not aware of her surroundings and what she's doing." Said Franklin to his sister.

They both were sad to see their mother in this state. After the death of their uncle. Their mother locked herself in her room and didn't even attend, a small funeral for him. They both were hurt, their mother didn't even pay her last respects to him.

" Enough is enough, we should confront her right now. I don't want to lose her, she must come to her senses" said Franklin as he started to get angry a little bit.

He respected his uncle Peter a lot, more like a true father. When his mother didn't attend his funeral he got angry.
He missed him a lot, but he was taught by Peter to never let any death be on their conscience like he was. Peter taught him to try to move on when uncle Johnny was dead. He taught him to not let any loss affect him negatively. He told him to always remember the dead in their heart with respect and move his legacy forward.

Now he and Valeria are his legacy, his teaching lived through them and many others. It's their time to move his legacy onwards and always remember and respect him.

" yes, you are right brother, let's confront her" Valeria became serious as she motioned her brother to follow her to their mother's room. She was not going to disrespect her uncle by needlessly crying over his death. She's going to move his legacy and his teaching forward.