Chapter XVII (Promotion)

(After 2 days)

Today is the day where ITZY will have their comeback and I'm nervous because I don't know if I'll do well or not. I am here at the backstage with ITZY preparing their live showcase. Some members asked me to clarify some things as I answered them.

I then noticed that Kiel isn't here yet when just an hour left the showcase will begin and he is needed NOW. I panic a bit as I grab my phone and call him but he isn't answering. N-no, please answer. I can't do all of these alone. I mutter while calling him again and then finally, he answered.

Hello?

Yah, Kiel...Where are you?

JYPE building, why?

Aissh! What are you doing there?! You need to be here at ITZY's showcase.

Oh? You didn't know?

D-didn't know w-what?

Everyone knows I'm not coming since I have some businesses with TWICE for their comeback and it's important.

W-what!?

You'll be there all alone and I know you can do it. Bye, I really need to go.

But-

END CALL

I can't believe that this is happening. I am going to be ALONE here- WHAT? I don't know if I can do this but whatever, I'm doing it. I really need to do well or else....I might lose my job.
___________________________

(6 weeks has passed)

AUTHOR POV
It was a tough path she crossed since the schedules are so hectic plus one time Dena became ITZY's manager for the day since their original manager has some urgent plans. Those 6 weeks were filled with ITZY's promotion of their "Mafia in the Morning" comeback.

Actually, it was worth it. Dena was promoted to assistant choreographer. I know it's just a low position shit but for Dena, it is something important and precious to her.

By the way, these 6 weeks was just a mission/challenge for Dena to prove herself that she isn't only a hired choreographer.

Dena is here at the JYPE building eating at their cafeteria when some woman approached her.

Dena-nim... The woman called her name as she look up and see Dahyun. Oh, Dahyun-ssi. Have a seat. She said and the latter gladly did. What made you come here? Dena asked. Ah, I was just passing by and then I saw you. Dahyun said.

Dena was flustered about it because out of all people eating here in the cafeteria, She was the one who was noticed by Dahyun quickly.

Ah, I see... Dena mumbles and then take a bite of her food. By the way, It's been a while since I saw you. Dahyun said and flashed a smile on her face. Oh that, I was so busy. Dena said without looking at Dahyun.

And for those 6 weeks, Dena and TWICE didn't have a chance to see each other...like EVER.

I really miss you, you know! She then whined and then pouted like a baby that caught Dena's ass off guard. Dena looked at Dahyun in disbelief. W-what?

Oy! Don't get me wrong. I missed you since we haven't seen each other and I really enjoy your company. Dahyun cleared as Dena nod her head and continue eating.
__________________________

(The next day)

Just a day has passed yet Dena is a trending topic among the staff/employees in JYPE and it makes Dena so uncomfortable. Dena hates people talking bad about her. Yes, the employees and staffs at JYPE is criticizing because they think Dena doesn't deserve the promotion.

But Dena kept it cool and focuses at her work.

Lunch time has come and Dena is eating alone when she heard the people behind her saying things about her.

Why was she promoted? HAHAHA!

I know right! HAHAHA!

I'm so jealous...

Why?

She got promoted while me...it's been months and I wasn't even recognized.

Oh come on! Her position is still very low, nothing to worry.

Yeah, don't overthink. That Dena will still fail in the future. HAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHA!

She heard that conversation and it's burring her pride and confidence. Dena closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before she leaves the place.
_________________________

Dena is still working and her eyebrows are really furious but she's still nice to people. Lee Dena. Someone called her name. Ne?

Kiel-nim needs you, follow me. The person said as Dena follows. Soon, Dena reached the room and when she got it...she sees TWICE with Kiel. Oh! Dena-ssi come and help us. Kiel says as Dena nods her head and then follows whatever Kiel is saying.

To TWICE's surprise, Dena mastered the "Alcohol-free" step from Nayeon's part until Jeongyeon's part for just 15 minutes.

And then the work continues....
________________________

It's the end of the day and Kiel left the dance room while TWICE is fixing their things for them to leave and rest also but Dena took all her courage to talk to Nayeon.

N-Nayeon-ssi. Dena called Nayeon's attention which she succeed. and in front of everyone Dena asked. H-how are you? She then flashed a awkward/sweet smile to Nayeon as the latter chuckled and said. I'm fine, how about you? Dena smiled like a idiot and then replied. I-I'm also fine...especially when I saw you after a lot of weeks without seeing your beautiful face.

Dena then closes her eyes as she regrets what she said because it's too cringe but she heard some laughing sounds so she got curious and then opens her eyes seeing the girls laughing over Nayeon's red face. Dena was shock that Nayeon blushed.

Yah! Stop teasing me! The bunny whined but the others still continued.
____________________

After a few minutes of the women laughing over the grandma, the girls are leaving the JYPE building as Dena does too.

At the underground parking lot of the JYPE building, Dena is approaching her car while TWICE are going inside their van.

Sana then noticed Dena who isn't that far away from them. She noticed how off-mood Dena is. She is also worried about Dena because of course, She heard the gossips. And because of that, Sana got out of the van and run towards Dena.

Dena-nim! She called her name and the latter quickly advert her eyes to Sana. While Sana is running towards her, the hamster is flashing her a sweet smile which caught the whole attention of Dena.

Are you okay? The cute baby-like hamster asked. I-I'm fine. Dena answered staring at Sana's face. Are you sure? You don't look fine. Sana said and Dena was taken aback.

Do you refer at my appearance or emotions? Dena asked and Sana laughed at it. Aniyo, I mean your emotions. hehehe. Sana said and then Dena smiles as she nods her head.

Sana-unnie! We need to go! Chaeyoung shouted.

Oh, I gotta go Dena-nim, make sure you always eat well. Mmkay? Sana said and then Dena agrees. After that, Sana left and then goes inside their van as they leave while Dena is still at her place thinking about Sana.