Chapter XVI (Lied)

*Aggressive knocking*

I knock and knock at the door but no one answers. I grunted and knock again.

And then the gate opened revealing IU in a messy condition. I-I'm sorry, I was too sleepy that I didn't open the gate that qui-

She apologized but I don't give a fuck so I cut her by bumping on her shoulders while going inside the house.

I-I'm sorry that I throw you o-out of that house but w-where did you-

She apologizes but I cut her off by closing the front door very hard that made a loud strong sound. It means, I don't wanna hear anything yet. I scanned the house and it wasn't messy. I came to check the rooms and it's still clean until I went to IU's room and it's....

I sighed sharply as I look at IU who was following my back all the time.

You drown yourself with alcohol? And did that made you move on?

I ask her in a serious tone as she bows her head down and then shake her head as a "no". I gritted my teeth as I control my emotions. Take a bath and clean yourself. I commanded as she followed quickly.
____________________

After she is clean we went to the living room and sit down as we decided to discuss. No one started the conversation. IU is just staring at the floor while I'm staring at her.

I felt sorry for her because of what she experience about the rejection but she goes too far to drown herself with alcohol. I mean there are many ways to make yourself better, why with alcohol? I sigh sharply as I say.

Look, I accept your apology and forgave you already...

She then look up to me with a calm/guilty face. I then continued my words. But that doesn't mean I forgive you to the other sin you made...

She showed me a confused face and ask weakly. What?

You lied to me. I said while glaring at her. She then looks like guilty or confused while she looks away from me. You lied about Nayeon. I say. She then protest. I didn't lie about loving-

A niece...

I continued her words while cutting it off. She then freezes at her spot as she just stared at me. You LOVE your NIECE....I know. I said. She then shakes her head in disbelief while muttering. You're lying.

I scoff and say in a calm way. Really? But I burst out. WHY WOULD IM NAYEON LIE TO ME ABOUT THAT!? IU shivered as she flinch. I take a deep breath and say. I know this shouldn't be a big deal but....I- just can't stand the fact that YOU LIED to me.

She looks at me still in shock. I mean, why can't you tell me that you're an aunt and Nayeon is a niece directly? Like...what's wrong about it? She then whisper to me. I-I'm sorry...

I sighed and then left her there while I go to my room and cool down by taking a bath and then eventually slept.
______________________

(The next day)

I wake up and feel not very good since I forced myself to wake up just for work. I prepared myself for the day and more. I ate breakfast with IU but I didn't speak a word. I don't want to forgive IU for this time.

I went to work by just walking and it sucks but whatever. I then reached JYPE and immediately went to work.

Soon, the day has ended and I'm super duper exhausted. I go back home and then suddenly changed my mind...

I went inside the house and see IU making something and it smells nice.

Unnie, what you making? I asked and after that she flinch and says. A-aniyo, it's nothing.

I sighed and then ignore her as I went to my room and clean up.
_____________

Minutes later, I went downstairs to see IU but she wasn't there so I thought she'd be in her room.

So I went there and see her. unnie... I called her name as she looked at me nervously. I sighed and then gave her a calm smile.

Sorry... I apologized and then her eyes looked so confused. "I shouted at you, last night."  But she didn't speak a word.

"I forgive you for that lie...but please tell me the reason. I can't just forgive for nothing." I said and she's still silent. I am waiting for her  response but...I think she's too occupied.

"I'll wait... whenever you're ready to tell me." I said even though that I don't like how she can't explain it to me so easily. So, it means that there's something...wrong.

But I shrug the thought off and then head to bed.
_____________

The next day

The first thing I did when I wake up is confront IU since it's Saturday and I have no work.

"Unnie!" I called her and she looked shock when she heard my name. "Y-you have no work?" She asked. "Yes....and unnie can you tell me the reason?...now?" I asked.

She then sighed and say. "It was just my mind told me to do it" and that confused me.

"Eh?"

"There are times where you want to say something but your mind told you not to and say what it wants and then you blurted it out all of a sudden." She explained.

I didn't get it actually so I asked. "I don't get it." She chuckled and say. "It's because I studied pyhscotic things and mental things that's why you don't get it."

I look dumbfounded here since....did she really study those things? I never heard her studying mental and pyhscotic shits.

I then nod and awkwardly left her behind as I went to my room and think about it.

I still don't get it but....at least, she told me. And I find nothing suspicious about it so....yeah.
_______________

A month has passed

Everything has been doing good lately and it's nice. ITZY's comeback is approaching so I should expect that I will be busy and I wasn't wrong. Actually, from the whole month...me and Kiel spend the month in choreographing dances for the b-sides of the album and believe me or not, I almost got fired since for 2 days I was absent since it's very tiring but I begged not to and they gave me a second chance.

I am in the dance room with ITZY and Kiel reviewing & polishing the performance that they'll do for the "GUESS WHO" Showcase.
________________

After a few days

I was debating why IU is not herself since last month or should I tell since the time we argued about her lie and shits. I thought about it and there are a few possibilities why.

Number 1: She still may be guilty.
She's still guilty for what she did but....being guilty for over a month is...too exaggerating...? I guess.

Number 2: She was rejected.
That's a very good one possibility but maybe it's over dramatic.

Number 3: She wants my apology.
Yup, maybe she wants my apology because I took Nayeon's heart...unintentionally.

While I think about these three possibilities, I was choosing which one is the correct one here but it's too hard so I went to her room and find her lying down on her bed covering herself with a blanket.

Unnie. I called her and she just ignored me. I'm sorry... I apologized and it refers to all the possibilities I mentioned. With that, she faced me with a straight face. I'm sorry for whatever I did that made you...like this. Not being the Ji-uen I knew. I said but she gave me no answer so I leave to give her some personal space.