4. Lovebirds

(The day after the previous chapter)

Word count: 2,274

    Bruce wandered down to the lab the next morning, a to-go cup of tea in one hand. Stephen made the best teas. That was one thing the whole team could agree on.

    The scientist shuffled over to his desk, still trying to shake the sleep off of him. Tony didn't fail to notice.

   "Rough time sleeping last night?" His voice made Bruce jump. He completely overlooked his friend waxing one of his hot rods.

   "Yeah…" Bruce groaned.

   A smirk formed on the billionaire's face. "You know, I saw Thor leave your room last night…" He wiggles his eyebrows.

   "Ohhhh no, don't you go there. You know me better than that," Bruce replied, turning in his chair and waving a finger at him.

  Tony raised his hands in surrender. "Hey, I'm just sayin'! You know I wouldn't judge you anyways. Heck, you've walked in on me and Stephen--"

  "I'm plugging my ears now!" Bruce yelled, dramatically covering his head.

   Tony chuckled, shaking his head and walking over to Bruce's desk. "I'm messing with ya, Brucie." He leaned against the metal frame and crossed his arms. "Although I am curious. Did you confess your feelings to him?"

   Bruce sighed, running his hands through his hair. "No. The storm was upsetting me and was starting to make the Hulk come out, but Thor stopped by to ask about my paper and he helped me calm down. He also helped take my bird feeders off of my balcony, which I need to put back up. I should probably go do that, actually. They'll be mad if I don't, and I don't want any of them flying into my glass doors."

   He nodded. "Yeah, you should probably do that. Remember, I'm giving you a week off anyway. I'm glad Thor was able to help you. I was actually going to check on you when I ran into him. I know you and storms don't mix, which is really ironic since Thor is the God of--"

  "I know," Bruce groaned.

  Tony studied Bruce a moment longer. "Did anything else happen last night?"

  The scientist scoffed. "You're so nosey!"

  "That's what friends are for."

  Bruce glared at Tony's cheeky grin. "Alright, fine, he actually left my room to get me some earplugs he had."

  "Awwww that's so sweeeeet! No wonder why he seemed in a hurry."

  Bruce slapped his arm. "Oh, stop it." He started to get up, now really wanting to hang up his bird feeders.

  Tony grabbed his chair, lifting an eyebrow. "Anything else?"

   He raised his arms and let them fall to his lap. "Fine! We hugged for a while to help me calm down and he may or may not have kissed the top of my head when he left."

   "AWWWWW BRUCIE!!!!!" Tony was acting like one of his fans.

  "Shut up!" He hissed, finally being able to get out of his chair. "I'm leaving now."

   "Of course you are! Go get your man!" Tony slapped Bruce on the butt and pushed him toward the lab door.

  "Don't touch me there, or else I'm gonna set Stephen loose on you!" Bruce yelled over his shoulder, but secretly smirked. Tony could sometimes be the bane of Bruce's existence, but he was a really good friend.

   Bruce stepped off the elevator after hearing the ding for his floor. He approached his room to see the door cracked. He frowned. He never left it open; it was always latched.