"I can't risk it, so I'm staying here too, " Nathalie said with a sigh "so is Zeke. Mikasa, you need to stay too... I'll have a few gurneys sent up, they aren't comfortable but it's something. Levi, we'll press your's up next to her - then if she wakes up you'll feel her moving,"

Levi nodded in response, and once the gurney was brought up to the room and lined up next to Anya's bed, the nurses took away the bassinets with their children - explaining that they would be watching over them, and that the next morning they could be brought back in. He quickly climbed onto the gurney, and laid next to her, staring at her frail, sleeping body. She had been through so much, and was so weak. She was so close to death. So close to leaving him, and his children, forever. And somehow, she fought. She survived. She was so much stronger than he could ever imagine. He lifted a hand to cup her face, and gently caressed her cheek with his thumb. Her skin was no longer cold, and some of the color had returned to her face.

He let out a deep sigh as he watched her chest rise and fall, her breathing now calm, steady, and rhythmic. As much as he had loved her before, words could never be enough to express to her how much he loved her now. He had thought he lost her once, and then again, and then one more time - but now, just as she had always returned to him, she returned once more. She returned from staring death in the face yet again. There was nothing he wouldn't do for her, and he knew there was nothing she wouldn't do for him - she had given him everything he had ever wanted that she could give, she had. She had given him her unconditional love, her loyalty, her dedication, her hand in marriage, and now - three perfect little children for them to raise together. She had given him everything, and yet he was so close to losing her - to losing it all.

And by some miracle, he didn't lose anything. She was there - exhausted and weak - but alive. Their children were safe, and perfectly healthy. They would be adding one more to their perfect little family, and they had all the love in the world to give to those children and to each other. And now, nothing and no one could ever take them away from each other again. He wouldn't let it. Not now, when they had finally come back together and built all they had ever hoped for. Not when they had their whole lives to look forward to, and four little ones to raise and watch grow.

Not when he had almost lost her not once, or twice, but now three times.

Nothing could take him away from her, and nothing could take her away from him.

He watched her breathing, and let his hand rest there on her - his fingers, behind her ear as his thumb lay on her face, rubbing small circles on her cheek. When he fell asleep start to drift him off, he leaned in closer to her, and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Levi?"

Her voice was barely a whisper, raspy and weak, He could tell she was in pain, yet somehow she still had a hint of a smile on her face. Her eyes weren't even fully open, her eyelashes barely fluttering, but he caught a glimpse of those blue eyes that not long ago he was sure he would never see again.

"Anya," he could feel his heart in his chest, beating so hard it could have burst out at any moment. He felt a tear slip down his cheek, and he let out a soft sob, "I love you so much,"

She hummed, and fluttered her eyelids closed, "I love you too," she motioned for him to come closer, and when he was as close as he could be, she turned onto her side, groaning in pain as she did so, and laid her head on his chest, "I'm sorry I worried you,"

"Shh, my sweet, my precious baby, you're here now," he smiled, pulling blankets over both of them and wrapping his arms around her, "you need to rest,"

She let out a small yawn, and nuzzled her face into his chest, "goodnight,"

He recognized that her breathing immediately changed slightly, closer to the way she normally breathed when she was asleep - calmer now that his arms were around her, he nuzzled his face into her hair, and breathed her in as he felt a tear slip down his cheek. She's going to be okay. "Goodnight, my love,"