Chapter 14

'Your majesty wait, don't be so foolish!' my general shouted running after me, I whipped my head around and came face to face with him.'I need to go and save my fiancé , not waste time debating on what I should do' I argued. He sighed 'your majesty, say you go and he was telling the truth and you would have a dule, or there's a ambush waiting to strike you off your horse and kill you' he explained. I ran my fingers through my hair, because I know he was right and I couldn't be blinded by my love of Connor and putting myself in danger also, so I agreed with him and we both made our way back to the castle.

I heard the door open and in surprise I pretended to be asleep, as I didn't want to interact with anyone just yet, let alone the man who kidnapped me. But my curiosity got the better of me and I had to act like I was just waking up. 'I see your awake' a deep voice sounded just a few footsteps away from me, I was too scared to even look at the man in front of me, that I just stared at my lap not uttering a single word.
  The wait felt like an eternity, before he finally spoke again but this time closer as he lifted my chin with his hand guiding my head to look into his pale grey eyes. 'Don't be scared love, I'm not going to hurt you' he spoke softly. I couldn't tell if it was a lie or he was being truthful to his words, but I had to go along with it for the time being, hopefully it wouldn't be too long.

'so how are we planning on getting my fiancé back where she belongs?'I questioned my council, staring at them with my elbows pressed onto the table. 'Well your majesty, we thought we should wait until the kingdom is at its weakest, when they are celebrating the winter solstice, we shall strike' one of the lords answered. I stared at him and sighed, 'no, because I don't want to put innocent women and children in danger, even if it is to get Connor back' I disagreed. It was too much of a risk and I wanted my knights to spend the winter solstice with there family, I will just need to wait until I can have her in my arms again.

It was just awkward being around him and him trying to make me feel comfortable around him, by asking any question he could think off. I guess it was nice but I was still skeptical with him, I would answer some questions that he asked like 'what is your favourite colour' he smiled and I would reply with 'my favourite colour is blue' I replied staring at him, he would smile and glance my way and then turn away from me embarrassed that I caught him staring at me, I even blushed when when entwined our hands together, which actually made butterflies flutter in my stomach as I turned red, was I actually falling for him or was it because he was the first man to actually show interest in me and not wish to marry me straight away without getting to know me.

A/N
Is Connor actually catching feelings for Damien, making a love triangle bloom, I guess we will just need to find out.