rune

Requested: yes (alexeischerryslurpee)
Reader: female
Relationship: romantic
Date completed: 7/13/21
**************************************

"Rune! I was looking for you," y/n jogged over to the brunette.

"Oh, y/n. What do you need, friend?" Rune turned to y/n, a warm smile on his face.

"Can you teach me to sneak better? I've almost gotten my ass dragged off to the jails multiple times this week." y/n frowned. "With all the bribing I've been doing lately, I'm about to run out of pocket money."

Rune let out a small chuckle. "Yeah, I get what you mean. Meet me in the training room at 10, I'll teach you what I know."

Y/n nodded. "I'll see you then."

---------------------------------------

Rune leaned against the doorway of the training room, not noticing y/n sneaking right past him. After getting tired of waiting, he went into the room, where y/n leaped out from behind one of the training dummies.

"AHHH- WHAT THE...by the gods, it's just you." Rune sighed while y/n snickered.

"So, what do you think?" she asked.

"About the jump scare? Hated it. When did you get in here anyways?"

"Uh...I pretty much just, walked right past you? You weren't paying attention." y/n shrugged. "Anyways, your reaction was priceless."

Rune rolled his eyes. "Forget it or else I'm not helping you."

"That isn't very nice of you." y/n replied. "But I do need training, so I'll...not mention it."

"Good enough for me. Now, where to start...walk around the room really quick." Rune instructed.

Y/n did as she was told, her footsteps echoing in the large, nearly empty room.

"Y/n, be lighter on your feet...and what boots are you wearing? You should wear the ones Tonilia gave you, it'll muffle your steps, make you less detectable."

Y/n laughed nervously. "Ah...I um...kind of lost the ones she gave me. Or maybe they were stolen? Honestly, there's no telling down here."

"Oh. Well then, you might want to get new ones— no doubt it'll cost you though." Rune sighed. "You really weren't built to be a thief. How'd you get caught up with us anyways?"

"Brynjolf. Probably not surprised right? I mean, he's always bringing new recruits down here." Y/n's face darkened a bit. "You're right about me not being a good thief, though. I can't seem to learn, no matter how much I fail."

Both of them went silent, the air growing awkward.

"...Theif or not, that won't change how I feel about you, y/n." Rune muttered softly.

"What?" Y/n perked up. "Did you say something?"

"No! I said nothing..." Rune turned away, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"How do you feel about me, though?" Y/n asked. She secretly hoped they shared the same feelings.

"I..." Rune didn't know how to say it. How could he tell y/n he'd fallen for her? It was such a simple thing, yet in the moment his stomach knotted up.

"I doubt you feel the same as me." Y/n smiled. "But that's alright."

"No, I just— ah, I normally always have something to say but... I don't know how to put this into words."

"You don't have to try so hard, Rune. I'll still like you regardless."

"You like me?" Rune was surprised.

Y/n nodded. "It's hard to not. You're so kind— to me especially— that there's no way I could possibly avoid catching feelings."

Rune said nothing, and instead pulled y/n in for a passionate kiss. It left y/n stunned, breathless, and wanting to pass away right then and there.

"Uhh, actions speak louder than words...?" Rune said, blushing.

"By the gods finally!!" A loud, familiar voice yelled. The thick accent, laughing, and cheering in the background meant only one thing:

Brynjolf knew wayyyy before y/n and Rune, placed a few bets, and planned a celebration for the glorious moment in which the two eventually confessed to each other.

***************************************

Note (to alexeischerryslurpee):
Oml I'm so sorry this took forever :'(
I'm currently working on your other three requests, and hopefully I'll be able to get those out soon! Also, thank you for your patience with me, I know that some people might not let me breathe if I didn't get their request done. Hopefully you enjoyed this!! (And please leave any and all feedback in the comments)