miraak

Requested: no (I have too many ideas for him)
Reader: female
Relationship: cheater >:'(
Date completed: 06/04/21
**************************************

Y/n entered the Bannered Mare after a long day of questing. She was deeply exhausted, worn out by the many battles she had that day. In truth, she was ready to retire her duties as Dragonborn and just settle down in Whiterun with Miraak.

After saving him from Hermaeus Mora, Miraak asked to stay with y/n. It shocked her, but she accepted. They'd travelled together for a few years and slowly became more and more attached to each other, eventually entering a happy relationship and even getting married.

Y/n took a sip of her wine (not mead, she's sophisticated) and stared at the entrance of the tavern. She was waiting on Miraak right now, since he promised to have dinner with her. But what she didn't notice was the dark-haired male in the corner with another woman, chatting and laughing.

It took her a moment to realize that her husband was there. Hearing his familiar voice gave it away. She did have to listen closely though, over the loud noise of the tavern. Wondering why he wasn't coming to find her, she decided to go to him instead.

She saw another woman- the usual blond-hair-blue-eye nord- grab Miraak's hand, who didn't pull away. Worry rose in y/n as she inched closer to the two. She pushed down the urge to beat up that wench in the middle of the tavern.

"And then he said- y/n?" Miraak turned to the other Dragonborn, shocked.

"Did you forget our date tonight? Or were you too busy wooing other women?" Y/n crossed her arms, her face calmly hiding her anger.

"Who are you? And what do you want with my boyfriend?!" The other woman asked, clearly angry.

"Your boyfriend? This is my husband you're holding hands with. And I can expect you've slept with him too, judging by your outfit. Did you seduce him? Or did he willingly decide to fuck you when he has a ring on his finger?" Y/n smiled sadly. "I'm disappointed, to say the least. Don't come home tonight, I'll get my answers later. And if it was willingly, I might just give you back to Herma Mora. Think about your actions for a second, dear."

As she was about to turn away, she said, "one more thing- girl, do you know who I am?"

The nord woman scoffed. "Probably a nobody, if what you said about this man being your husband is true."

"Mhm...we'll see about that. Be careful tonight, you never know the dangers the dark brings." Y/n left the tavern and returned to Breezehome. Lydia was sitting in front of the fire, munching on a piece of bread.

"My Thane! You've returned. Where's..." Lydia stopped herself, seeing y/n's upset expression.

"He's...I don't know. Lydia, I don't know what to do." Y/n sighed, pulling up a chair next to the housecarl. "He's in the tavern with some other woman. Pretty sure he forgot we were supposed to go out tonight."

"Oh gosh...my thane, would you like me to go teach that girl a lesson?" Lydia asked.

"No, I'll have the Brotherhood take care of her. She'll be gone by sunrise. The real problem is Miraak. I suspect that in my absence, ever since he stopped traveling with me... he might've been having affairs. But I have no evidence, just a feeling. Which makes it hard for me, because I want to strangle him but I have no real reason to."

"Actually, my thane, I have evidence. I am at Breezehome every day, which means couriers come and drop off letters and such here. I've found a few recently that prove your theory. Would you like to see them?"

Y/n shook her head. "I'd prefer to save myself the tears. I want to get drunk and forget about all this, then go on living a happy life with him..."

"It's not wise to do that, my thane. Even if you choose to turn a blind eye, it will always eat away at you. I would know, it has happened to me before. Men...they're unstable. I'd think especially Miraak, with being trapped with a talking mass of tentacles for a few thousand years. In all that time, he's been lonely. I'm sure he longs for a woman's touch, no matter who. I suppose since you aren't big on that type of thing, he's decided to go off on his own with wenches who'd willingly sleep with him, despite the ring."

Y/n frowned. "Is it my fault then?"

"Of course not. It's his, for not being able to control himself." Lydia handed y/n a sweet roll. "Stop thinking for a moment and just eat something. I can make stew and we can discuss your quests from today. Don't stress over it, solve the problem in the morning when you have a clear mind."

"Alright...thank you, Lydia."

"You're welcome, my thane."

***************************************
Extra very super extremely mild probably-not-even-considered-angst angst. Also hi I haven't updated for like a month or two so enjoy this 800 something word oneshot :) I'll try to get my creative juices flowing again at some point. Lmk if you want a part two!