cicero

Requested: yes (JillCipher14) hopefully you enjoy :)
Reader: female
Relationship: romantic
Date completed: 3/29/21
**************************************
Cicero skipped behind Y/n as the two made their way back to the sanctuary. Cicero had begged for weeks for her to take him on a contract with her. From there, Cicero regularly went along with
y/n wherever and whenever she had contracts.

Y/n doesn't mind Cicero's company. She felt it was nice having the mad fool around to make absurd remarks out of nowhere during a long journey back home. He kept her entertained, being a jester and all.

After the countless months together, they'd grown closer. The two were nearly inseparable- and the other members of the brotherhood noticed Cicero's craziness rubbing off on y/n. If you asked everyone what they thought of the Listener and Keeper being best friends, this is how they'd answer:

Nazir- "I already don't like Cicero. If the Listener becomes like him, I think I might just go crazy too."

Babette- "Uhh, as a three hundred year-old girl I've seen many things. But this...it's something else."

Nameless initiate- "As long as the Listener is pleased, I have no problem."

Night Mother- She only speaks to the Listener, you think I'd know??

So maybe the brotherhood wasn't entirely supportive of the friendship between y/n and Cicero. That's only the beginning.

We all know crazy Cicero. But...crazy and romantic Cicero? It's completely unheard of. Well, not anymore.

Over a year after Cicero and y/n's first contract together, Cicero decided he was absolutely smitten for the Listener. When the Listener was asleep he'd rant to a very annoyed Nazir about what he loves about y/n- which is virtually everything.

"Listener this Listener that. Everything that comes out of that stupid jester's mouth is about the Listener!"
-Nazir

It took forever for Cicero to convince the other brotherhood members to help him set up a date with y/n. They decorated the halls, made a feast, and even gave the torture victims little flower crowns. Everything was perfect.

Y/n arrived, intrigued by the new decoration. She was lead to the dining area by Babette, where Cicero sat, his heart pounding in his chest. He grinned widely when he saw y/n, and it took everything from him to not jump up and down like a child who'd just killed their first rabbit.

Y/n chuckled. "This is quite the set up."

"Only the best for my dear Listener," Cicero cooed.

"I see." Y/n smiled. "It's very nice."

"Of course! The Listener shall always receive the specialist of special treatments!" Cicero exclaimed.

The date itself went pretty well. But the time came where Cicero had to ask y/n the question.

Cicero grabbed y/n's arm right before she left. "Y/n, Cicero has something very important to say."

Y/n was shocked when she heard the man say her name. The last time he'd called her by her real name was when they'd first met. If Cicero was referring to her as y/n, this was obviously something of the utmost importance. Y/n turned to Cicero.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Cicero has absolutely fallen for y/n!" Cicero declared.

Y/n's face went red. "I- uh um uh...oh..."

Cicero frowned. "Does the Listener not feel the same way?"

"No no it's not that I just...I didn't...really...expect you to uh...like me?" Y/n laughed nervously. "I'm not exactly experienced with love and stuff."

"Cicero does not care! Cicero loves the Listener very dearly." Cicero grinned widely, pulling y/n into a happy jump-dance-thing.

The two got married not too long after. They were a match made in Oblivion. The definition of chaos would be these two. Everywhere they went would result in someone getting killed along with many, many, many pranks being pulled.

The pair went everywhere together. Contract? Cicero would be clinging onto y/n. Eating? Cicero is feeding y/n and staring at her with heart eyes. Shopping? Count on the jester to just take anything y/n wanted and pull her out of the store, both of them laughing their asses off while guards trailed behind them.

Overall, they were a good match, and even the brotherhood would agree.