ancano

Requested: yes (Ciama-999)
Reader: female
Relationship: romantic (?)
Date completed: 2/22/21
**************************************
A new student arrived. She seemed average at first, nothing that would catch his eye. Just another plain old student, coming to the college to learn some magic.

But what Ancano didn't expect was to see her pure talent in all the schools- ask her to cast an expert-level spell from any school and she'll come through. On her first day, as he observed Tolfdir's class, she'd gone above and beyond- possibly exceeding Tolfdir's skill. Her classmates were in awe- as was Ancano.

And naturally, as prideful as he is, he figured it'd be good to get to know her.

He'll never admit he had caught feelings- he's too proud for that. An elf of higher breed simply couldn't have fallen for a lowly (your race).

He'd spend time at the library, silently watching over her. When she got in trouble with one of the professors, he'd go convince them to let her off the hook. He always stayed in the shadows, never truly revealing himself.

But one day, she returned injured. Ancano was the first to rush to her aid, bringing her to Collette so she could be healed. He stayed by her bedside day in and day out, never leaving, never taking his eyes off her.

She never knew of how he felt though. After she'd left the college, she didn't come back.

Leaving Ancano with a massive hole in his heart.