vilkas

Requested: yes (Ciama-999)
Reader: female
Relationship: romantic
Date completed: 2/22/21
**************************************
"She's just a whelp."

Vilkas repeated that line in his head over and over, trying to believe it himself. Trying to change how he truly felt. But boy was it hard.

The way she fought, the way she walked, the way she'd laugh...it made his heart flutter. She could make any man or woman bow to her. She was gorgeous. Stunning. Absolutely amazing.

But Vilkas will never admit to her, no, he will keep to himself. Until Aela and Farkas convinced him to speak up.

"You've better tell her how you feel before it's too late. I made that mistake once." Aela said. "It definitely wasn't pretty."

Farkas patted his brother on the back."We'll support you through it, so you don't have to worry."

"Thank you both."

So that afternoon, he asked her to go on a walk with him. Vilkas brought her to a hill- his favorite spot to watch the sunset.

"Y/n, I have something to tell you." He said.

"It sounds important. What is it?" She turned to him.

"I...I've fallen for you. I told myself a million times over that you're just a whelp, a nobody, that I'm not in love with you. But I can't change what my heart tells me. From the very day you joined, you impressed me all the way. Just by the scent you gave off, I could tell you were tough...and sweet. I want that in a woman. I want you." He smiled, revealing the amulet of Mara hidden under his armor. "So...will you be mine?"

She kissed him. A short peck, nothing much. But it was all he needed to know her answer.

"I will."