rayya

Requested: no
Reader: female
Relationship: platonic with a hint of gay
Date completed: 2/24/21
***************************************
(Dedicated to my wifey, Rayya ( ˘ ³˘)❤️)

Rayya sighed as y/n continued ranting about not being able to find the last Aetherium shard. The two women have been walking in the same direction across Skyrim for the past week- all the while taking small breaks so that y/n could rest. But Rayya wouldn't call sitting on a bedroll angrily scribbling in a journal, going through maps, and staring at Aetherium "rest".

Rayya felt like a mother at this point- constantly having to remind her best friend and Thane to eat, drink, and sleep. Personally, she didn't think that fussing over some blue shiny stuff was worth it. Sure it's rare- and there's only a single forge that can temper it- but Rayya didn't appreciate the fact that y/n set aside her health for it.

One day, she had enough of it.

"Y/n, respectfully, I refuse to travel with you unless you agree to take care of yourself. So until you get your act together, I'll be returning to Falkreath- when you're ready to be sensible, you know where to find me."

Y/n stopped in her tracks. "...what do you mean?"

"I'm saying I'm leaving, y/n. I don't think you realize how much you're beating yourself up over this...Aetherium. You won't even stop for more than an hour. You're ruining yourself right now and if I can't help you, I don't know who can."

"Then leave. It's not like anyone stays."

"Y/n do you know why? Do you know why nobody stays? I go above and beyond my duties as your housecarl- I guarantee nobody else in the nine holds would put up with your shit like I do. That's because I care. But my patience only runs so deep."

"Rayya this is my life, why does it matter to you? It shouldn't. I'm an adult, I can take care of myself."

"But you don't. My point is that I have to baby you all the time. Ever since you went into whatever dwemmer ruin and found Aetherium you've been using every waking moment to study it. I get it- you've been trying to find it for years now- but you're ruining yourself. Remember what Katria said? About that dark elf who will do absolutely anything to get his hands on Aetherium? I'm starting to think you're becoming the same kind of obsessive idiot."

"Fine. I'll search for it alone- go back to Falkreath. But don't expect me to come find you again." Y/n turned and left. Internally, she was crying. Cursing herself because she simply doesn't know when to stop. She knew Rayya was right- she is ruining herself in more ways than one. But not only that, she's pushing away the one person who genuinely cared.

All for a stupid piece of Aetherium.