onmund and j'zargo

Requested: yes (-azziebeans-) I added my OC (Carla) to this one since there aren't actually that many apprentices lol
Reader: female
Relationship: onmund; sibling. J'zargo; romantic
Date completed: 3/1/21
***************************************
Y/n was excited to finally attend the College of Winterhold. She loved magic- it was fascinating to her. She didn't understand why people would hate since it's actually a very useful skill to have.

She followed Onmund through the courtyard and into the Hall of Elements, where a class was currently taking place.

"Ah! Onmund, I'm glad you could make it! Oh? Is this your little sister?" Tolfdir smiled.

"Yep. Y/n, this is Master Tolfdir. He teaches us apprentices. The kajhiit is J'zargo, the Dark Elf is Brelyna, and the Breton is Carla. They're our classmates." Onmund gestured to each of the other apprentices.

"I'm y/n. It's nice to finally meet you all! Onmund wrote about you guys a lot." Y/n grinned.

"We should start the lesson now. Onmund told me you're very talented in Restoration and Destruction, so if you don't mind, I'd like for you to demonstrate your magic to the class." Tolfdir pointed to a crest on the floor. "Stand there and cast a ward to protect yourself from my attack."

Y/n did as she was told, readying a steadfast ward. Tolfdir sent a firebolt towards her. It collided with the ward and disintegrated.

"Impressive. Now I'd like you to shoot a lightning bolt at my ward."

After Tolfdir's ward was up, y/n shot the lightning bolt at him. It shattered the ward and made him stumble back.

"Amazing! That was excellent. I think you'll fit in nicely with the rest of the class. Now, to continue..."

A year later, y/n is sitting in her dorm room scribbling notes while studying for the upcoming exam. A light knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

"Come in!" She called out. J'zargo peeked his head in.

"J'zargo is surprised you are still awake." He stated.

"I'm surprised you're still awake. Is there something you need?" Y/n turned to her friend (and crush).

"I need help with studying. Since you are the top of the class, J'zargo figured it'd be best to ask you for help."

Y/n chuckled. "I can't believe that the J'zargo is asking for help. And to study, too. Quite interesting, if I do say so myself."

J'zargo huffed. "Do not expect J'zargo to do this again, y/n. He is only stuck on a little thing."

"Come in, I think you look funny peeking your head through the doorway like that."

J'zargo sat next to y/n, who guided him through what he needed help on. She was still surprised that he'd asked for help- let alone ask her.

"It has to be a sign from the divines."

The next day, while y/n was peacefully eating her breakfast, Onmund decided to pry for information from her. (What a nice big brother, right? Haha.)

"So...what were you doing last night?"

"Studying. Why?"

"Welllll I may or may not have heard J'zargo go to your room. So we're you studying...J'zargo?"

"What the actual fuck?! No, I wasn't studying him. I was studying for the exam!"

"Then why was J'zargo there? In your room? In the middle of the night?"

"Divines help me. Onmund, J'zargo asked me for help to study. That's why he was in my room."

"He WHAT?"

"He asked for help to study for the exam today?"

"That's a very stupid excuse, ya know?"

"...it's not an excuse?"

"If you are spending time with him in the middle of the night and your excuse is studying, I'm sure you weren't actually studying. In which case, I don't think you'll mind me telling the cat you have a big fat crush on him."

"Onmund, no!"

Onmund laughed. "Too late now, little sister." He jumped up and sprinted to J'zargo's room, literally kicking the door down and startling J'zargo.

He hissed angrily at the two intruders."Get out!"

"Y/n has a mmGgFff-" y/n covered her brother's mouth just before he could ruin her. She smiled innocently at the Kajhiit before dragging Onmund away.

Even after the sun had set, J'zargo pondered what Onmund would've said. As he sat eating dinner, he continued wondering what the nord wanted to say.

"Y/n has a...dog? A book? A drink? Brylena, you know y/n, J'zargo does not. What does y/n have?" He asked his Dark Elven friend.

Brylena shrugged. "I'm really not sure. But I think you shouldn't let it bother you. Y/n seems to want to keep that information to herself. So don't waste your energy over this when you can use it to make new scrolls or something."

"I see. J'zargo thanks you for your help."
***************************************
Part two will be published later.