sorine jurard

Requested: yes (-azziebeans-) I hope you like it :)
Reader: female
Relationship: romantic
Date completed: 3/4/21
***************************************
The large towers of Fort Dawnguard came into view.

She agreed to help Isran with the whole "reforming the Dawngaurd" thing, since the vampires are back. Stopping in front of the entrance of the fort, Sorine took a deep breath. She didn't think she was ready to fight vampires right now, not when she'd gotten a breakthrough in her studies of Dwemmer technology. But an agreement is an agreement, and she's not one to go back on her word.

She stepped inside, taking in the scent of dust. Like, a lot of dust. When she finally finished coughing, she turned to Isran, who was staring at her blankly.

"What?" Sorine rolled her eyes.

"I'm glad you decided to come." Isran said.

"Isran! Is there a new recruit?" A woman peeked out from the shadows, her happy smile dropping when she spotted Sorine.

Sorine, on the other hand, couldn't have been happier to see her.

"Y/n...? It's been so long-"

"Cut the crap, Sorine. You literally left me for the dead. Look, I'm a vampire now. Fun, right? I'm so happy having a constant urge to fucking rip someone's throat out to swallow it whole." Y/n glared at the woman. "Isran, why is she here?"

Isran sighed. "Y/n I needed her help. You know Sorine is smart- she can improve our equipment so that we can kill vampires more efficiently."

"Fine. All I want is for her to stay away from me." The vampire girl left to her quarters, silently cursing Sorine.

She and Sorine were taking a nighttime walk as an anniversary date when a group of vampires attacked them. Sorine ran, leaving y/n behind without a second thought. Y/n thought she would be feasted on that night. But instead, the vampires turned her into their slave. The constant abuse left many scars on her body. This lasted for five years.

Before they left her, they turned her into a vampire, wishing for her to suffer even more. While she stumbled around in the dark, the sweet smell of human flesh filled her senses. She followed it to a small hunter camp. The hunters offered to let her stay with them for a while. But she blacked out.

When she finally awoke again, the corpses of the kind people were in pieces. She was covered in blood and gore. That was when Isran found her. He'd almost killed her, until he recognized his old friend's face. He helped her surpress her feeding urges and together they started bringing the Dawnguard back onto its feet.

Isran knew y/n's reaction to seeing Sorine again would be negative. But he needed her help to bring down the vampires. So for the sake of the Dawnguard, y/n also learned to tolerate Sorine's presence in the fort.

Every day Sorine would try to make conversation with y/n. Every day y/n would threaten to rip Sorine's guts out if she didn't leave her alone. Every day, over and over, Sorine apologized for leaving
y/n that night.

But y/n decided that no apology would be enough to make up for her betrayal.