brynjolf

Requested: no
Reader: female
Relationship: idrk lol
Date completed: 2/22/21
***************************************
Stealing from a thief was no easy task.

Stealing from a thief who could easily tell when a hand slipped into her coin purse was even harder.

And yet somehow Brynjolf was walking away with a fat pouch of gold in his hands, from said thief.

He felt like the King of Thieves- who had, in fact, just stolen from the actual Queen of Thieves. Unbeknownst to him, though, the queen knew all along what he was doing. She can't allow someone to steal her crown- it's a foolish move. So when the Thieve's Guild of Riften found their safe emptied out, each and every one of them where shaken to the bone. All the while, the queen hid among them, pretending to be a member.

She wasn't ordinary. How could she be ordinary? And ordinary person doesn't isn't able to rob a Jarl's palace at the age of 15 and get away with it. Boy, that was a major heist. She still remembers every detail now.

Sure, maybe her robbing the guild was revenge for Brynjolf attempting to steal from her, but frankly, she found it hilarious when the members all freaked out thinking Mercer Frey's ghost had come back to haunt them.

As if he could.

He was soul trapped- so what ghost?

She returned the riches a day later, causing even more of a ruckus within the guild. Brynjolf knew what was going on, though.

After all- he never really got away with stealing from the queen.