She was sitting with Daphnee and chatting up with a guy and a girl I didn't recognized.

Wait. Who was that guy? They seemed to be getting along well.

I had no idea who he was.

And I didn't know the girl either. Could she be Alex's secret girlfriend? Did Lexi figure out he was probably seeing someone and now Alex was feeling guilty about it?

I stopped looking at the bleachers.

Now was not the time to make up crazy scenarios in my head.

Even though I was slightly freaking out.

Who the hell was that guy?

The game went on. It wasn't our finest performance, but we weren't the greatest team around anyway.

I got tackled at one point and I felt a ringing in my head. I shook it off quickly, but it was enough to worry me for a second.

I didn't tell anyone though, and played it off like everything was alright.

We still managed to win regardless of Alex's many slip ups.

Coach was ready to tear him a new one after the game.

He'd get destroyed when we'd meet up to watch the plays again.

Our next team meeting was going to be brutal. Coach had zero chill.

Already, the guys were on his case, asking him why he seemed to have such a hard time handling his ball.

I wasn't really listening. I sat in one of the bathroom stalls and took a pill to help with the headache beginning to build up.

Everything was fine, right? It hadn't even been that big of a tackle. I was probably just too worried and tired.

I didn't have to worry.

Everyone started to leave the lockers. I took my shower and changed.

I was pretty sure the guys had talked about dinner plans before the party, but I wasn't sure anymore.

Now that the game was over, I was thinking about the guy sitting beside Lexi.

Tyler would have told me if his sister liked some random dude. Right?

I walked out of the school building and was automatically greeted by Stacey's shrill voice calling my name. Seriously? I still had to deal with her? Wasn't she done with me by now?

"Stacey, what do you want?"

"You played a really good game today," she said smiling.

Was she trying to get back in my good graces? I had no time or patience for her.

"No I didn't," I just replied and walked away, ignoring anything else she might have wanted to say.

And then, in front of my eyes, Alex had joined Lexi's little party.

The new guy looked pretty happy, standing beside Lexi.

Jesus.

I walked up to them. "Hey so what's going on now? Are we going to eat first?" I asked Alex, my voice flat.

"Yeah, Peter and Justin are already heading there. Italian won. And Tiffany's party afterwards," Alex replied.

"Good," I answered, nodding and then said, "I don't think I've ever seen you guys before," trying not to make it too obvious that I needed to know who they were.