*18 ~ Family Reunion*

|JAMIE|

His lips tickle me whenever they brush against my neck. He keeps doing that. If he wants to kiss me there, he should just do it already instead of teasing me like this. Leo sets his attention to my lips again. The quick pecks make my stomach flutter and I giggle in response. He moves one of his hands from my waist to the side of my face. When his chocolate eyes pierce into mine, I might as well be dreaming. His dimpled smile is contagious and I find myself grinning back.

"How you feelin'?" He asks, his gaze falling to my mouth.

"Pretty good. You?"

"Fantastic. How many more minutes until lunch is over?"

I pull out my phone from my back pocket. "We have exactly four minutes to spare. You wanna continue?"

"I could kiss you all day, so it's up to you."

Kiss me all day? Doesn't sound too bad now that I'm thinking about it. I have other plans, though.

I say, "Our lips can take a break. I wanna talk."

"Alright. Have a topic in mind?"

"I sure do. How's the music thing going?"

He pulls his hands away from me, drops his backpack, and pulls out a small navy green notebook. "I'm glad you asked! Last night I finished the song I've been working on for a few weeks now. My voice isn't the best, but would you wanna listen to it?"

"Babe, yes! And maybe I can make a dance choreography for it. I've been practicing and my dance skills have gone from zero to thirty at best. Maybe I can come over to your place tomorrow and show you the routine I learned?"

"Oh yeah! For sure. I can't even imagine you dancing badly."

"How would you know? I used to look a bit awkward, according to Alen. My arms didn't know where to go."

Leo smirks. "Well, I wouldn't mind you placing your arms around my neck for another kiss."

Flustered, I turn around to face my locker and pretend to fiddle with the lock.

"Did you forget the combination or something?" The amusement in his tone motivates me to open my locker and pretend to rummage through my textbooks. "You're so cute when you start blushing."

"Can you blame me? It's not my fault you're attractive." I close my locker and turn around to face him.

"What about me do you find attractive? Is it my dimples?"

"Dimples are definitely up there, but it's mostly the energy you give off. You seem so joyous and you always try to keep things light hearted. You're, like, super likeable and even though you don't like talking about your feelings too often, I can tell how much of a sweetheart you are."

Leo glances down bashfully. "Thanks. You're not the first person to say something like that, but you're the first person to actually mean it. I can tell. I've actually been told that I can be too nice. That I have no spine. I guess that's kinda true, after everything that's happened."

"You just have to be more suspicious. You can be nice and have your guard up. Just like me."

"Did you have your guard up with me on our first date?"

"To be honest, yeah. I did. I didn't let my crush on you blind me from red flags."

"You mean, Malia. Well, if it makes you feel better, I think she's finally losing her mind."

"What do you mean?"

"She kept blowing up my phone last night about how you're dangerous. Something about magic clouds and vanishing in thin air. Talk about a drug trip. Can you believe the lengths she'll go just to break us up?"