*8 ~ Wish Granted*

|JAMIE|

All my questions will finally be answered.

What's the tea with his ex-girlfriend?

What does he do when he's not working?

And who is his aunt that he clearly dislikes?

Husan is such a mystery, and the worst part is that all his secrecy is intentional. I don't know why he's so scared of forming a strong relationship with a human. It has to go deeper than not wanting to be a heartbreaker.

Maybe a human broke his trust?

"Go ahead. Ask away. I'll answer almost anything. Almost."

Pulling my lip inward, my eyes fall on the floor. Out of all the things I want to know, which one should be first?

I've got it!

"Where do genies live? Is it like a different world?"

"More like a different realm," he says with pride. "The Realm of Jann. Home of the Djinn. The sky is lilac in the day and dark purple in the night. The sun is a similar shade to yours and the five moons are a little bigger than what you are used to."

"Woah. That sounds so beautiful! Tell me more. What about the Djinn? How do they live?"

"Where do I even start? Well, there are four kingdoms united under an empire and two outside regions that live in their own separately governed islands. The island djinn are basically monsters compared to those who reside within the empire. I like to pretend they don't exist."

"Yeah, I can't comment on that. Sounds like a racial issue."

He raises his index finger in objection. "Actually, we don't separate by race, but rather separate by cultural and religious practices. I won't go down that rabbit-hole, so next."

"Four kingdoms? One empire? And is everyone okay with this empirical rule? Is there a dictator?"

"Oh please, if there was a dictator then the High Council would execute them without trial. And yes, the empire was created to peacefully end a war that lasted about two centuries. That was thousands of years ago. No major issues besides the occasional rebellions from any kingdom that happens to have an imbecile on the throne. Royalty is important to us, djinn, much like how it used to be for humans. Okay, next question."

I attempt my best evil face. "I hope you're ready for this one. Now be honest, I want all the tea about you and your ex-girlfriend."

Husan practically jumps away from me, his eyes wide. "What? No! I already said I wouldn't go further into that. It's none of your business."

"You love her still, don't you?"

"Of course I do, but that doesn't mean I have to tell you about it."

"Maybe I can give some advice? I am a girl after all."

He opens his mouth then shuts it just as fast.

"Is that a yes?"

"Fine," he says in defeat. "I guess... I could use some girl advice."

I turn my body and sit criss-cross-applesauce on the mini stage. My eyes are attentive and my ears are perked. I nod as a sign for him to begin.

Husan, someone who normally talks with such disinterest and certainty, softens his voice in what sounds like he's trying to hold back from spilling his guts. "As I already told you, our relationship was practically perfect. We had everything. Communication. Time spent. Affection. Trust. We loved each other. And now she hates me. She still won't talk to me. She won't even acknowledge my existence when we cross paths."