*10 ~ Misplaced Feelings*

|JAMIE|

    Mickey is acting differently.

    Her head falls onto Husan's shoulder as she laughs harder than normal. I take care to examine her further; a hand rests comfortably on Husan's arm. I'm sure Toby would be thrilled to witness his girlfriend throwing herself on another guy. Won't he be here tonight?

    Regardless, she's making a huge mistake. I want to brush this off as Mickey being her bold and flirtatious self, but I know her. Her advances are too desperate to be casual, like when she talked to Leo. No, she means it. And she honestly believes Husan is the type of guy who thinks with his second head. Goes to show that she isn't really listening to anything Husan is saying. If she did, she would have quickly realized that he has too much respect for himself to take something that doesn't belong to him.

    Mickey shouldn't even want to be taken. She said she was in love. That's why I don't understand her, at the moment.

    I don't blame her for getting lost in his charm, though. Husan is gorgeous — in the masculine sense. And while he's pretty cute, he lacks any vibe of being innocent. His eyes are playful and planning. And regardless of his dimple — I love dimples — it doesn't make my heart stop when I see it like Leo's dimples do.

Strangely enough, this is the first time I'm even considering Husan boyfriend material. I mean, we get along great. Naturally, too. My genie is very attractive, yet I'm just not attracted to him. He feels like a good friend on some days and like a part of the family on other days. We definitely have more of a sibling-like relationship.

Alen laughs along to whatever joke Husan is telling. With his legs wide and falling backwards into the chair, he lets out a fart. Zach bursts out laughing. Suddenly, his face falls and morphs into a scrunched up snarl.

"Bro, that stinks! And you're sitting right next to me, too." He uses his blond hair to cover his nose as he scrambles away from a dying Alen. "I'm getting the air freshener. He's clearly trying to kill us."

A few giggles escape my lips at the scene in front of me, but I can't take my eyes off of Mickey and how her hand has now moved down to Husan's knee. He stiffens. I need to talk to Mickey later tonight when Husan 'leaves.' Before Toby gets here. Thank goodness Husan has morals and gently moves her off of him.

"Where's the bathroom, Jamie?" Husan stands up with pleading eyes. I read him loud and clear.

    Standing up almost too fast, I stretch my arms then adjust my white plaid button-up. "You can use the guest one. Follow me."

    He doesn't hesitate to stay right on my heels until we exit the living room. The hallway isn't too long, but it is a bit cramped with the family pictures hanging along. Flashes of the past -- a past with siblings who are no longer living here. I miss them sometimes.

    We stop at the bathroom door; I open it and then close it. Gotta make the lie believable. My index finger rises up to my mouth. Stay quiet. He nods as he slides his hands out of his pockets.

    "I usually enjoy female attention," he whispers, his accent no longer hidden. "However, I just had to escape the mess that is your foster sister."

    "She's actually starting to piss me off. How could she do this to Toby? I thought... I thought she loved him. He flew all the way out there to see her again and this is what she does while he's here? Flirting with other guys? I didn't know she was like that."

    "I'm flattered, though."

    "Whatever, just shut her down. She needs a wake up call -- a reminder. Ask her about Toby. That should work on her."