25. Back On Track

Start from the beginning

Surprisingly I stayed calm during his yelling.  It's been over decade since the incident. I did accept the fact that it happened and I should have expected that he would still be angry about it. He does have the rights to be still mad over me.

If I was my past me, then I would have already slapped this brat for his snarky attitude, but I'm different now. Or at least I learned to think before acting. Which is already a big accomplishment for me.

As soon as he ended with his ranting, I took a deep breath. I gently pushed his hand away from my chest and stare at his furious face.

"It's true."

Italy raised his brow. He didn't expect this kind of reaction.

Nonetheless I continued to talk in a calm voice, " True I came rather unharmed comparing to others, but I was the cause why my family and many other families got broken. My father died because his weak heart couldn't take it, my brother hated me for this, my cousin is in prison, leaving his two kids being taken away in forster home care.

Your father wasn't the only one who killed someone during the fight. Germany and East's father was also there and he did let his gruesome side showing. For this he got life in prison without opportunity for a parole.

I also didn't came completely unharmed from the situation. My leg won't be ever the same again and I did spent months in confinement until the jury decided for my release. After that I could finally take care of Germany and East.

I could dwell on the past and never forgive myself or keep blaming others, but I had two lovely annoying little brats to take care. So I had to accept it and look forward, living with what I had. You can accept the past and look forward, or you can continue to grief over it. I won't change your mind."

Italy still stare at me angry, but I could see that he started to doubt about himself.

I took a step backward and raised my arms. "If it brings you any satisfaction, then you can punch me as hard as you want. See it as some kind of apology from me to you."

Italy stood there not knowing how to react. His furious face softened and he stared at me more annoyed, than angry. He closed his eyes, rubbed his temple and sighed, "I won't punch you. That would be now a dick move from me." After saying that he turned around.

Phew, thank God. I thought and relaxed. For a second I was really sure he was going to punch-

BAM!

My face felt a sharp pain and the impact made me fall to my back. Desperately I could catch myself with both of my arms on the workbench next to me, preventing me from hitting on the floor.

Shocked and confused I looked up and saw Italy with a crooked grin. "Sorry, but an unexpected punch hurts more, than one you would expect."

"Alright," I mumbled and pulled myself up. My face was throbbing in pain and I feel that the punch bursted my lip.

Carefully I rubbed my mouth while asking him, "Are you happy now?"

He crooked his head to the side, thinking before he answered, "Not really, but that should be enough for today."

"Then can I have the radio now?" I asked carefully.

Italy nodded and took the metal box behind him. He held it to my direction and I was about it grab it, but he pulled it away last second and said, "Remember that I still don't forgive you and I only do it for Germany and the other guests."

"I fully understand that." I reassured him. Finally Italy handed me over the radio.

With the device under my arm I headed to the door.