21. Malfunction

I slowly turned around and saw Panama pointing a revolver at me. Behind him I saw the mattress laying slightly out of the bed frame. He hid the gun underneath the mattress.

My eyes went back to Panama as he started to open his mouth and spoke in a cold voice, "I'm sorry, but I definitely don't want to lose my money."

In this second I couldn't do anything. I froze and watched as his finger pulled the trigger.

Klick.

Nothing happens.

The revolver didn't shot.

Panama furrowed his brow in confusion and stare down at his weapon. His face then turned into a scared one. It also took me a while until I realized what just happened.

His revolver jammed. He can't shoot with it. I didn't wait any longer and I instinctively grabbed the office chair and throw it on him. That caught Panama unprepared and he got hit by the chair.

The impact was enough to make captain fall on the floor and dropping his revolver. Quickly I ran after the gun that was sliding on the floor away from us. I tried to grab it, but Panama took my leg and pulled me down. Instead taking the revolver, I accidentally pushed it further away as I fall.

Painfully I hit my chin on the wooden floor. I saw Panama crawling to the gun which is now under the bed. I pulled him back and got a kick on my head. Still I firmly hold my grip on him and I could also hold his second leg. I pulled him away from the weapon and I jumped forward in hope to reach it.

Panama wasn't having it and punched on my face. I fall back and could see a blurry image of him reaching his arm under the bed. Frantically I looked around and spotted the laying chair. Quickly I stood up and grabbed on the chair's legs.

Panama stood up holding the revolver on his hand and as he was about to turn around, I bashed him with the backrest of the wooden chair. A part of the wood splitted from the impact and the captain fall with a thump on the floor. I throw the chair away and grabbed the revolver.

But Panama didn't move. He lay still on the floor. I was still on adrenaline and carefully I approached the captain. Slightly hesitant I pushed my foot against his side to see any responds.

He still didn't move.

Oh shit. Don't tell me I accidentally killed him. In panic I kneeled down and turned him on his back. I was relieved to see that Panama was still breathing. He was just unconscious.

I still feel how my blood rushed through my body, but I can't take a break now. He probably will try again to kill me, if he wakes up. Nervously I looked around for something to hold the man down. The only idea that I had was to use the thin bedsheets.

I took them and tear the material. Now that I have something to bind him, I need to find a way to bind him on something. I can rule out the furniture because he could easily move them around. The same goes to the door handle. He could tear it down with enough strength.

My eyes halted on the radiator mounted on the floor. He definitely can't escape from it. Quickly with a little struggle I could bind the captain's hands behind his back on the pipe of the radiator. Thankfully he was still unconscious.

Now he sat in front the radiator with his legs and hands bonded together. I looked at the radiator and thought for a second to turn it off, but on the other hand why should I. It's turned on the middle heat, so as long he doesn't touch the small metal pipe underneath the radiator, then he won't get burned.

I gave the revolver on my hand a closer look. Like I guessed the cylinder from the revolver doesn't budge. That means it is really jammed.

I walked to the desk. Pointing the revolver away from me. I pushed the cylinder release and slam the side on the table. The force was enough to make the cylinder jump out, revealing three more bullets that were loaded inside, but the bullets lay loosely inside. They were definitely too small for the revolver. That was the reason why the weapon jammed. I thank fate for this malfunction.