5. Lie Or Truth

"NO IT CAN'T BE! He isn't the murderer," I shouted too loud for my liking.

The other guests were staring at me and my uncle. Austria was too confused and in shock. He kept sitting on his chair, not knowing how to react in this situation.

Panama came closer and with a calm voice he said, "Dear Germany please calm down. I understand that it isn't a good news, but the weapon was in his room."

"No that must be some kind of mistake," I said still frantically, "the murderer must have placed it there. They could have broken into his room and-"

I stopped myself as I realized in which position I was standing. My guess was right as I saw the other guests. They looked at me in disbelief or in worry. Austria is my closest relative. Of course I would protect him even if he actually killed someone.

It didn't matter what I will say. They won't believe me.

The captain spoke, "It would be the best idea if Austria will stay in his cabin until the end of the cruise. On the land the authorities will handle this situation."

Austria finally spoke, "But I didn't- I didn't killed him." He grew more agitated and started to shout at Panama, "WHY the hell should have I killed this man. I didn't even know him!"

"Uncle please-" I tried my best to not sound broken. He immediately stopped and faced me. "Right now no one will believe us," I explained to him.

The best option is to follow the rules until I can prove his innocence. Defeated Austria stand up and faced the captain, "Fine I will listen to you, but I am innocent."

Panama nodded he then spoke to the other guests, "You all can continue the day to your liking. The ship is save."

The two then walked out of the room. I wanted to talk to Portugal, but Austria's situation was far more important to me. On the hallway I saw Austria wobbling beside Panama and irritated shouted at him, "I would never hurt anyone! Why don't you believe what I say!"

"The weapon was found in your room Sir," was the only thing Panama said.

Austria shouted, "That's bullshit!"

I catched up to them and asked the captain, "Where exactly was the weapon found?"

He answered, "We found it inside his wardrobe. There was a bloodstained rope knife hidden under a bundle of clothes-"

"I don't even own a knife!" shouted Austria.

"Then where were you during the murder," asked Panama.

My uncle answered, "I was the whole time in my room."

The captain replied, "Can someone confirm that." My uncle looked at me, waiting for an answer.

The problem is I couldn't.

He walked alone while I talked with Brazil and I only knew he was in his room while he played the violin and that was after China's body was found. In other words he didn't have any alibi. The only thing that prevented him from being the murderer is the lack of motive, but that won't save him.

China was a rich business man, he had influence in the clothing branch and on the steel market. As soon we hit the land my uncle will be immediately arrested. The foreign authorities won't take their time finding the real murderer. They would see it as some kind of jealousy act or out of greed because of his wealth. The press would also write something like 'Famous Musician Murdered Rich Business Man' on their front page.

My silence was enough as an answer and my uncle's expression turned more desperate.

Us three arrived at Austria room. Panama opened the door and we stepped inside.