14. Words Are Powerful Tools

Russia's laugh echoed through the storage hall. I looked surprised at the empty suitcase. With an amused smile the tall woman mocked him, "What did you say earlier? Looks like you did a crappie job at keeping them safe?"

USA clenched stronger on the side of the suitcase until his knuckles turned white. He glared at her and aggressively turned around. "You bitch stole it!" He shouted at Russia.

She looked down at him amused and answered, "Why should I take this garbage?"

"You always try to manipulate my business. Tell me now what you did with my goods!" He said through his gridded teeth.

Her expression dropped and immediately growled, "As if anyone want the junk you sell. Just because you're too weak to hold a business doesn't mean that I have something to do with it."

The man stepped closer to her and growled, "Don't underestimate me. You always act all tall and mighty, but let me tell you. You will never crush me. No matter what you do you will never be more worthy than me. I'll gonna prevent this from ever happening!"

Russia stood there with crossed arms behaving calm, but I could see how her fingers were twitching. She's close to punch him.

They were only an armlength apart and it reminds me of the last conflict with them.

I stepped in between them facing USA, but this time I made sure not to make the same mistake twice and I stood far enough of him to not accidentally touching him. Quickly I asked him a question to distract from the tension, "USA what was inside your suitcase before it got stolen?"

He moved his eyes from Russia to me and answered still irritated, "Didn't I told you that already? A 45 Western revolver and two Ar-10 LMG rifles, but they don't have any ammunition so it's pointless to steal them. Except if they want to ruin my business."

He spoke the last sentence more aggressive and glared at Russia again. I could see how she turned her eyes annoyed around, but she didn't respond to that.

"Russia could you tell me what kind of ammunition did you carry with you?" I asked her still standing in between these two like a wall.

"44 magnum." She answered and her eyes like USA's eyes widen in realization. Immediately the man shouted, "No way! They can't put 44 MG into a 45 revolver. It destroys my gun!"

"And the aim gets a lot worse, not to mention that it also fly in way less speed because of not equal pressure release." Russia added not pleased knowing that her stuff got involved in the murder.

"But it's still possible?" I countered. She nodded. The murderer didn't use his own weapon, but stole it from USA with Russia's ammo.

But how did the murderer knew they would carry it with them and where is the murder weapon now?

"Can we go now? It's already unbearable to be near this woman." USA complained as he closed his suitcase.

"Same. It's starting to smell with this pig near me." Russia complained and started to walk ahead to the direction where the exit was.

USA threw his suitcase away and he stombed furiously to her. Quickly I reacted and stood in front of him, blocking his way. "Please remember that you're in the middle of a crime investigation. This action has consequence." I told him in a serious tone. Russia continued her walk, not bothering to turn around.

He still looked angry, but he forced himself a smile and with his mouth slightly twitching he said in a forced calm way, "Of course. No worries Ms detective. I don't have the intention to harm anyone."

USA then walked past me and thankfully kept a big distance from Russia. Togheter we walked out of the storage room.

On the way I decided it would be a good time to write the information on my notebook, but as I buried my hands inside my pockets I realized that the small book isn't there. Frantically I stopped and searched it in every pocket I have of my coat and pants.