17. Let's The Search Begin

"Can you open it?" I asked Poland who was sitting on his knees in front the locked door.

It's been five minutes since we waited for him to open the door. He told that he only needed two long needles and a metal coat rack. He formed the rack and with the needles he fumbled inside the keyhole. A few times he pulled one needle out and bend them a little before putting them back in.

I stepped closer to get a better look and asked again, "How long do-"

"It'll been done sooner, if you stop being annoying!" Poland barked at me frustrated. I took a step back and he went back trying to unlock the door.

I faced Austria who leaned against the wall with crossed arms. For now I was the one who is using a cane to walk. My ankle is burning in pain, but it's still manageable. However it's different when I try to move it, then the pain is unbearable.

"What exactly should we find in his office?" Austria asked. I thought for a while before answering, "Some paper or documents that are related to the murder plan. The best would be finding the communication device."

I starred to Poland still sitting in front of the door concentrating. It's strange to think that I allowe someone breaking in and that in front of me. Usually my job is to prevent people from doing this. What strange is, Poland do it willingly after being previously against doing it.

I looked back at Austria and asked in a lower tone to not disturb the pole from his job, "What exactly did you say to him that made him change his mind?"

Austria bowed slightly to me and whispered, "I told him that a couple members of the Red Sickle is on board and Panama might have the evidence for it."

So he only do it out of fear.

We heard a click, soon followed by a second click. I looked at Poland who now took the deformed coat hanger and put it in between the door and door frame. He fumbled a minute until the door finally opens.

"Tadaa. It's open. " Poland announced still sitting on the floor.

"Thank you, but can we keep it as a secret?" I asked him and immediately he nodded, "Of course, but also no word to Hungary about it. He'll be mad, if he know that I broke into a room again."

"We won't tell him. Can you stand up?" I asked him and he tried to do it. With Austria support he managed to stand halfway straight, clinging his one arm on Austria shoulder.

"Maybe it's a good idea to bring you back to the infirmary?" He asked Poland. Standing at the door I looked back to them. Poland was visibly in pain, holding on his stomach. He definitely wasn't in a great shape.

"No. I'm okay. It's just the meds slowly wearing off. I want to help you." He said and I looked unsure to Austria and then back to Poland. He isn't able to move, but he had close contact to the Red Sickle. So he could tell us more about them while we search.

"Alright. You can sit inside and answer a couple of questions." I told him while entering the room.

Nothing changed inside since my last visit. Austria placed Poland on the floor again next to the door and closed it, incase a night personal might walk through the hallway.

So let's think, where could Panama hide secrets inside this room. My eyes wandered to the writing desk. It makes sense to have them close to him while working.

"I'll start searching on his desk. Would you try to search in the cabinets?" I asked Austria while pointing at the metal cabinets on the other side of the room. He nodded and went to them.

While I slightly stumbled to the desk I asked Poland a question, "Do you know about an observer in the gang?"

He answered, "Kinda. It's rare to use an observer. Only if the mission or heist is very important."