"Nino-"

"Draco, get her!"

"Don't let her get away you little shit, I'll have your head!"

"Ninomae, please don't go after him, Bellatrix told me-" he was running too.

"My dad?" She laughed breathless from the running and both in utter disbelief. "Piss off, you should understand."

"No, I-" they were nearing the house. Her advantage was that she was the only one who knew that.

"DRACO! GET HER!"

"I'll have to hex you, Ninomae, if you don't-"

"Too bad, you ain't got any time left," she grinned back at him stepping up the few steps to her house.

It seemd Malfoy noticed her suspended mid air and his eyes widened in panic.

"No! Ninomae, I- your father is-" but his words got cut off as she stepped into the shack, disappearing from his view as she rushed towards her fireplace.

Astrid took a deep breath and closed her eyes and ears, concentrating her best on thinking about the Dark Lord, hoping he would feel her trying to reach out to him. On loop she repeated the question of where she had to go to see him eye to eye.

It was just moments later that her eyes flew open and narrowed in concentration, somewhat of a smirk spreading across her face. 

The Dark Lord had answered with a location.

* * *

It had been many hours that Astrid had sat in her room, by her friends, in the shower or even in class, thinking and perfecting how she would act, what she would say to get away as fast as possible. The girl certainly had not expected not to be able to get a single word past her lips the very moment her eyes locked with the red ones of her biological father. It was just once before that she had actually seen him in real life and noticing his rubbery skin and even slimier hair froze her in her spot just the same as it had a year ago.

It felt like a scene out of a horror film and perhaps it was. Perhaps her life had become a horror film - the only thing Astrid hadn't yet figured out was when the story had actually begun. Because once it had been just a lighthearted coming of age film, but that was now long replaced.

Astrid opened her mouth but no sound came out. Her eyes fluttered around the room hoping she would see her dad standing somewhere, waiting for her and waiting to be taken home. But the dark, dungeon-like room in which Astrid had gotten her Dark Mark was empty except for the Dark Lord and a few of his devoted followers. Standing there all alone, just having popped out of a fireplace she hadn't noticed there being last year, Astrid stood, her hands behind her back to hide the way they were trembling.

Just like last year the girl felt stupid. Nothing had gone skew yet but right that moment Astrid felt stupid she had expected this exchange to be easy.

The Dark Lord didn't look surprised seeing the girl there and at that Astrid wasn't really surprised. His followers though were a different story because the few men and the two women in the room looked quite muddled to see the young teens standing there alone.

"I have-" Astrid swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat and raised her chin a little to try again. "Dumbledore is dead and I have carried out my part of the deal so-"

And then He laughed. The man made a short, bitter sound and Astrid felt her stomach drop to the very pit of her with a hefty thump. A fall so strong it almost knocked her down to her knees.

"You really thought I would keep him alive after he betrayed me?" Voldemort spoke and Astrid gave no answer. "My kin keeps proving to be even more and more dense with every year to come."