"I'm not playing! He's in the bathroom right now." The girlfriend informed.

"I swear if this a prank..." Khalif heard shuffling then silence. He  rinsed off the soap and just stood under the water letting it wash over him. His insides were back to jelly and he was sure every organ in his body was doing some kind of dance.

Suddenly the water was cut off. Khalif groaned in disappointment. He hadn't expected that. Standing there for a second or two, he got out grabbing a towel and wrapped it securely around himself. He grabbed another drying his upper body then started on his dreads. He stared at his reflection in the mirror while he did so but words couldn't even explain how nervous and anxious he was. He eyed the door waiting for it to burst open but it didn't. He waited a couple of more seconds. Nothing happened. He listened keenly but nothing. Curious to what was going on, he walked to the door slowly opening it.

Khalif jumped back in time to miss a bat being swang his way. He ducked once more the bat missing him again and hitting the door frame. He held on to his chest shocked and a bit out of breath. They made eye contact before sheyaa could swing again. Shock registered on his features and he dropped the bat. Khalif could hear his heart so loud in his ears that he wondered if sheyaa could hear it too.

Khalif had never experienced a moment where time froze. He always thought those were exaggerated cliches in movies and romantic novels. But as he stood there staring back into the brown orbs that he once adored, he felt as if everything else had frozen and melted away leaving just the two of them.

His heart slowed down but the slow dragged out pulses were still loud and clear in his ears. He could also hear himself breathing in and out as if in slow motion. He wasn't sure though if he was blinking or not. All he cloud do was stand still and stare at the taller man. He didn't want to move. He was afraid that if he did as much as blink, Sheyaa would disappear into thin air.

"Khalif?" Sheyaa let the name fall off his lips ever so softly. Khalif couldn't control the smile that came over his lips tears blinding him suddenly at the soft call.

"Hey baby......I missed you." Khalif spoke back just as softly. Sheyaa blinked one too many times. He just stared in shock right after.

"You know him?" his girlfriend Zelda, who'd been forgotten in the whole encounter, scrunched up her face in confusion. Sheyaa snapped back to reality a  sudden frown coming over his face.

"What the hell are you doing in my house." venom  laced his voice every single word. Khalif felt his heart sink a sharp pang following right after. He still hates me.

"Who the fuck is he Sheyaa? I'm confused?" Zelda looked from one to the other. Sheyaa stared at Khalif for a long minute ignoring his girlfriend. "Uhm, hello? Earth to Sheyaa..... Somebody explain to me what the hell going on." She stomped her foot tired of being ignored.

"Get out." Sheyaa spat face turning blank. Khalif gasped. Even though he had expected it, it still hurt. He looked down trying to gather his scattered thoughts. "I said-" sheyaa took a step towards the shorter. "-get. The. Fuck. Out my house bro." He stood so close that when Khalif looked up he had to tip his head back a bit. They stared into each other's eyes the tension so thick even Zelda's clueless ass could feel it.

"No." Khalif frowned licking his lips. He wasn't leaving. Sheyaa tightened his jaw eyes narrowed. In his opinion, it was too early for this shit.