Goodbye

"Alright, Lis. Looks like we have lost the people that were following you. But we can never be too safe. Jonas will have to put the bag over your head again and carry you inside this house. He will then help you teleport into your safehouse. This way, we will know for sure that you are safe."

"Oh, Viv."

"It's gonna be okay. Don't doubt it for a single second."

"Promise me, that in case of an emergency, you won't try to be a hero and just take care of yourself first."

"I promise."

"If you don't stop lying, I will kick your dumb ass."

"I'm not lying."

I looked at her and she immediately said, "Sorry."

"Be safe, please. I need you."

"I will try my best, I promise."

"Viv, I'm so proud of you for doing this. I love you."

She hugged me and said, "You have no idea how much I love YOU."

"I think I might have a slight idea."

I was on the verge of tears and I knew she could feel that.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, no crying, ok? This isn't goodbye."

I kissed her and said, "Ok."

She put both of her hands on my cheeks and said, "Lis, I want you to know that I've spent the best moments of my life with you. And even if I don't make it out of there alive, I won't be too mad because I got to experience what it's like to be loved by you. Thanks for bringing back my humanity."

"I'll be patiently waiting for you to come back, so I can prove my love forever."

"Go, before I start crying too."

"Stay safe, my striker. I love you."

"I love you."

The driver pulled me out of Viv's arms, put the bag on my head, and carried me to the house.