A Ride Home

A few hours later, it was already dark outside and everyone was starting to leave. I was really tired too and wanted to get home as soon as possible.

"I drove us here in the morning, so you're the one driving now," I told Mitch.

"Oh, come oooonnn. I'm exhausted."

"So am I."

"What now?"

"Here are the keys."

"Oh, fuck off."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"Girls? Girls? GIRLS!!" said Joe.

"What?" replied Ems.

"Can you guys take Viv home? She doesn't have a car yet and it wouldn't be nice to leave her to take a taxi."

"Yeah, I guess," I told him.

By that point almost everyone had left, so Mitch and I grabbed our stuff to go too.

"Vivianne, Emma and I will be taking you home today," I said to her in kind of a formal way because it was obvious that she did not want to be friends.

She still had that cold expression, but when she looked at Joe, she seemed to soften up a bit.

"You can call me Viv," she said with a smile.

"Oh, alright."

"And thank you. Hope it's not causing you much trouble."

"No, no. No worries."

So she has manners? Alright.

She put her address in the navigator and Ems started driving. We got to her place in around 20 minutes and it turned out to be the fanciest house I'd ever seen. It was enormous and looked like it was brought to our world from the future.

They are rich rich.

She thanked us and left the car. Mitch and I looked at each other in utter shock, not able to speak a word.