The Plan

"So, tonight at midnight, all of his partners and supporters from Earth are going to gather in Meadow Park. Originally, I was supposed to activate the portal and bring Gorb and his army in, but that's not what I'm gonna do, obviously. I will send all these people to Greepold and forever close the portal.

I will also block travel from Greepold to other planets, since they are able to travel to a few closer ones. This way, they won't be able to reach us or others and cause harm."

"I knew you would eventually put your brain to a good use."

"I have to thank you for that."

"Yeah, you do, you stubborn little thing."

She smiled and looked at me with puppy eyes and said, "Can I hug you, pleeeaassee?"

"Yeah," I said with a chuckle and she threw herself on me.

"Sorry for kidnapping you," she said, voice muffled from tightly holding me.

"You should be. I got scared."

"I'm really sorry, but no one can know that we have seen each other. I'm pretty sure you are being followed."

"WHAT?"

"Gorb started asking questions about you after his minions told him that we were spending a lot of time together."

"Did you also tell him that I mean nothing to you?"

"I might've," she said, closing her eyes from guilt.

"I hate you."

"Please, don't."

"I'll think about it."

"Thank you."

"Anyway... Can I kiss you, at least?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

"Well, I was waiting for you to make a move. I am supposed to be in a 'I'm still mad at you' mood."

"Are you, though?"

"If you don't kiss me in the next five seconds, I will be."

She did not even let me take a breath after my sentence and put her lips on mine.

"I've missed you," she said after the kiss.

"Me too, baby."

"Oh good, you called me baby. That means you aren't mad at me anymore. VICTORY."

"Blah blah blah."

"I agree with everything you just said."

"Shut up."

She covered her mouth with both of her hands.

I took her hands and kissed them, after which I said, "Oh, by the way, where is Joe?"

"He went into hiding with his family because Gorb would kill them all, if he found out that Joe helped me."

"Wait, he helped you with your plan?"

"Yeah, but I couldn't risk their safety anymore."

"Good."

"Lis, listen, I really hope everything goes well tonight, but if it doesn't, don't worry about anything. This van will take you to your hideout. You will have everything you need there and the girls will be nearby too."

"What about you?"

"I'll join you later."

"Don't fucking lie to my face. If your plan doesn't work, you are not coming back."

"Maybe that's what I deserve, then."

"You better stop talking."

"It'll be fine, though, don't worry."

"Of course it will be."

"You think so?"

"Yes!! No one can pull this off better than you."

"Thanks for believing in me."

"Just returning the favor," I said with a smile.

Just as Viv was about to say something, the driver said, "We are here."