Partners?

Viv's pov:

Out on the pitch, the girls were standing in little groups, talking to each other. I had to do it then or it would be too late.

I walked towards Lisa, Katie, Jill, and Malin, who were standing in the shade.

"Can I talk to you for a second? If you aren't busy, of course," I said, looking at Lisa.

"Yeah, of course."

We walked away from the girls and I could feel them staring at us and whispering to each other.

"What's up?" Lisa asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Umm, do you have a partner for the camping trip thing?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing. Never mind, then."

"Do you?"

"No. Don't worry about it."

"Wanna be my partner?"

"You just said you already have one."

"Ems would be more than happy to get a little break from me, so it's not a huge deal. I can pair up with you."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely! Partners?" she asked with a smile.

I couldn't help but smile back and then replied, "Partners, I guess."

"Perfect. Now let's go back to the girls. We are about to start the training."

I already know that this trip is going to be the most nerve-wracking thing ever. But, at least, I will get to spend most of my time with only Lisa. She can be too loud and energetic sometimes, but I don't seem to mind it much. She kinda makes me feel relaxed and safe, which is not something any other human has ever done. At least, to my memory.

i'm maybe a bit too excited and cant go more than 12 hours without updating lol :)