Liar

"Lisa, wait!! Lisa, Lisa, hold on," I shouted after her, but she did not look back.

There was no point in running after her because she would not listen to me. I couldn't leave everything like that, though.

I knew exactly where she would be, so I drove there a couple of hours later, hoping she would be cooled down.

"Hey," I said as I went to sit next to her.

The wind was very strong and it was making me shiver, but I had no other choice than to be there with her.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked after not hearing anything back from her.

"No."

"I'm sor-."

"Just disappointed."

"You don't know the whole story."

"And I don't want to know. You put this entire act of not trusting anyone because of one person and now you are the one breaking others' trusts. How would you like if I never feel comfortable with anyone else because of the way you treated me? I thought I was doing everything to keep you happy. Guess I was wrong, then."

"You make me the happiest I've ever been."

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

"I'm serious."

"Sure, you might be happy when we're together but the minute someone asks you about it, we are total strangers and everything between us is a joke and it doesn't mean anything to you."

"It's not true."

"VIV, I HEARD YOU SAY THAT WITH MY OWN EARS."

"That was not what I meant."

"I don't have time for this. I shouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place."

"Don't say that."

"Why?"

"Because it's not true."

"Everything connected to you is a lie. How am I supposed to believe anything you say? You are a fucking liar and I doubt any of the things you've said are true... Are your parents even dead or was that just an act to make me feel bad for you?"

"Don't go there."

"Why? Because I might find out stuff that you don't want me to?"

"Let's change the subject because you don't know what you're talking about."

"EXACTLY!! I KNOW NOTHING. Why were you even fighting with Joe in the first place?"

"It's complicated."

"You can just say that you two are fucking. No need to make it into a mysterious secret. Have some dignity."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I know I'm right."

"You are everything but right."

"TELL ME, THEN. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF ALL YOUR SECRETS."

"If I tell you, your life won't be easy."

"You think it's easy now? You are fucking killing me."

"Let's go. I'll show you something."

"I'm good, thanks."

"Do you want to know or not?"

"What made you change your mind? A minute ago you had to keep your secrets with your life and now you're willing to share them with me. How do I know I can trust you and you're not taking me to murder me?"

"I don't wanna lose you."

"You lost me the minute you lied to my face."

"Just give me a chance and you'll understand everything."

She stood up and said, "You have thirty minutes."

"Let's get going, then."

We got in my car and I started driving home.

speaking of carssssssss, i just got my drivers license besties. turns out gays can drive after all lol (we won't talk about the fact that i failed it 4 times lmao)