A Talk With the Captain

Viv's pov:

It's been a few weeks since our camping trip and everything seems to be going perfectly. I've been getting closer with the girls and it's starting to feel like I belong here.

Lisa and I have been great. We are pretty much dating, but we don't label our relationship. She has been very patient with me and it makes me like her even more. She is truly an angel.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second," Kim took me out of my daydreams.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Listen, I don't know what you and Joe have going on, but I figured I'd tell you."

"Huh?"

"He asked me to watch you and tell him what you're up to and who you interact with?"

"What?"

"What's going on, Viv?"

"What did you tell him?"

"Nothing, obviously. I'm not gonna spy on one of my friends."

"Thanks, Kim."

"What's up, though? Why doesn't he trust you?"

"I need to see him now, sorry."

I was absolutely furious. I left the pitch and stormed into his office.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" I yelled into his face.

"Calm down. What's wrong?"

"You can't tell people to spy on me and then pretend like it's nothing."

"I should've figured she'd tell you."

"DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF RIGHT NOW?"

"Viv, I'm doing this for your own good."

"You have no fucking idea what's good for me and what's not."

"You have been really behind on your work. He is running out of patience."

"I am doing what I can."

"You have not been doing enough. You go out too much these days."

"Joe, you were the one who told me to spend more time with the team."

"Now I'm telling you to stop."

"Am I a fucking joke to you?"

"You have a month to finish everything."

"I will."

"Not if you make your personal life your priority."

"THIS is my priority. I have been working my entire life to get this done."

"Good. What about Lisa, then?"

"What about her?"

"I'm not blind, Viv."

"There's nothing going on between us."

"There clearly is."

"Well, it doesn't mean anything to me. It's only temporary anyways. I'm here to do my job and I will. Nothing can and will distract me."

"Oh."

"What?"

He nodded at the door and I turned around to see Lisa.

SIKE :)

i'd never leave that many plotholes lol. there are quite a few more chapters coming hehe.

also thanks for 5k reads😭😭