Chapter 9 - Gratitude

Location: ???
(Emiya POV)

Midnight: Here we are! This is where you'll be staying until you're an adult, so remember alright?

The disguised Midnight, her real name is Nemuri Kayama, she told me herself just now,  says as she goes into her pockets to find her keys. Once she found them, she pulls them out of her pocket which are just keys connected together in a ring. This agitates me a little as I, from what a doctor told me,  have slight OCD. She inserts the key into the keyhole as I thought to myself.

Emiya: Hopefully this place isn't dirty- Oh... Fuc-

It was horrendous. Beer cans and instant ramen cups were scattered across the living room with some of her undergarments laying on the sofa. I glared at her as she gave out a nervous chuckle. Sighing, I went to the kitchen to see the ingredients available. 

Nemuri: Do you cook, Emiya?

Emiya: Yes, I do. I have a part-time as a chef, after all.

I opened the fridge to see nothing in it at all except for dozens of beers. My right eye twitched as I facepalmed. 

Emiya: *sigh* I'm going out to buy groceries. What do you want to eat today?

Nemuri: ... Hmm, surprise me. 

Emiya: *stands up* Alright. 

I walked out of the house and went to the grocery store. I walked around trying to decide what to cook when I saw very fresh tuna in the fish section. Deciding I'm making a side related to tuna. I looked around for the rest of the ingredients. 

Emiya: Soy Sauce, Mirin, Honey, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil, Rice Wine Vinegar, Sesame Seeds, and Tuna. Alright, main dish acquired. Now, where is the Miso Paste located again? 

As I walked to find the Miso Paste, I saw a crowd surrounding a stall. 

Sensing something was wrong, I left the ingredients at a safe place that I could pick up later and went to check the situation. When I got there, I saw an old lady on the ground, probably unconscious with ingredients all over the floor. Pushing aside the witnesses on the scene to reach her, I went to her side and checked her pulse. She was breathing but at a slow rate. 

Emiya: Someone, call the ambulance!

I yelled but the witnesses were just standing there. 

Random Witness 1: A hero will come soon, so don't worry. 

Random Witness 2: Yeah, so no need to call the ambulance. A hero will save her. 

I looked at them shocked and disgusted. 

Emiya: What?! How can they just do this? They rely on heroes too much!

I activated my Magic Circuits to trace Avalon. I gave it to the unconscious old lady and carried her. 

Random Witness 3: What are you doing? Just put her down. A hero is coming soon. 

Emiya: Her vitals are dropping as we speak. The hero will be too late. Please, get out of the way!

Random Witness 4: Why don't you just mind your business? She will be fine. A hero is coming after all.

Random Witness 5: Yeah, not to mention, you used your quirk without any license. I'm reporting you to the authorities!

Checking her pulse, her condition was getting worse. Avalon is trying its best but the sickness she has is somehow overpowering it. 

Emiya: Please! Move out of the way! She's getting worse! I need to send her to a hospital!