Chapter 8 - Interrogation

Previously...

Emiya: ...

Staff of UA: ...

Nezu: ... I want a full-on explanation after all this.

I slowly relax my tense shoulders as I walked out of my makeshift cover with my hands up.

Emiya: Yes sir. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: UA Board Meeting Room
(3rd POV)

 Emiya is in a room with the full staff of UA including a detective.

Nezu: Now then, let us begin shall we, Mr. Shirou Emiya?

Emiya: Yes, sir.

Nezu: Perfect. Now, I am going to ask you some questions...

Emiya: I can lie-

Nezu: But don't expect to lie and get away from it. I've brought my friend, Tsukauchi-san here to verify them as he has a perfect quirk for this type of situation.

The detective, now known as Tsukauchi, starts recording the interrogation with a camera and tips his fedora at Emiya as Nezu continues.

Nezu: So, introduce yourself, Mr. Emiya Shirou.

Emiya: ... My name is Emiya Shirou. I'm 15 years old. I was born on 28 June 2004... I live in XXXXX, Musutafu... That's all. I can't give them information about my time in Fuyuki.

Nezu looked at Tsukauchi as Tsukauchi nodded, indicating that the info is true. Nezu smiles and continues questioning Emiya.

Nezu: Alright, for the first question, are you the vigilante, The Red Huntsman?

Emiya: ... Yes.

Nezu: Hmm... As stated in the law, you are to be charged with vigilantism and excessive violence. However, due to you just being a kid, a minor, we can let you out now with some probations.

Emiya: ... Shit.

Nezu: Now then, question number 2. I looked into your profile and realized that it was a little weird. There are some gaps that were left blank.  So, where are your parents? 

Emiya: ... Double shit.

 Nezu: According to the documents I looked through, you are living alone without your parents, no? Where are they?

Emiya: ... My birth parents probably died in a fire.

Everyone in the room widened their eyes, especially Nezu's as he was caught off guard by his answer. The detective instinctively exclaimed and started to question Emiya about it.

Tsukauchi: What! When did this happen?  

Emiya: 8 years ago.

It was a lie, of course. But, due to the detective's stress and panic, the lie went unnoticed.

Nezu: Wait... What do you mean by "probably"? 

Emiya: I don't have any memories from before the fire.

Old-Lady: Trauma must have locked those memories away...

Nezu: I see... Did anyone take care of you after the fire?

Emiya: Yes-

Nezu: Perfect! Now, where are they-

Emiya: He passed away when I was 12.